Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few months ago I wrote about a delay with my sunroof button and opening the sunroof in my Koup SX. When I would pull the sunroof button back and hold it back to trigger the sunroof to open all the way nothign would happen. I would let go and try it again same thing. By about the 3rd pull the roof would begin opening...
Since then I have noticed that my dome lights (part of that same fixture with the sunglass holder) have been functioning irregular. Sometimes when I click the passenger light on it doesn't turn on, other times it does turn on but before I click it off it goes out on its own or vice versa (clicked on but no light and all of a sudden the light turns on.)
I've also had an instance or two where when I went to use my horn it was silent... after getting gas and restarting the car the horn worked. And lastly i've had my bluetooth activate from simply using my volume control on my steering wheel.
Has anyone else had these issues with the electrical functions of your Koup? Does this sound like theres a possible short somewhere ? I'm going to take it to a dealer (definitely not my own, won't be stepping foot there ever again) but just wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues. Because they have been intermittent it's one of those things I'm sure will work PERFECT when I take it to show the dealer of course....
Also for something like this it would be covered under warranty correct? would there be a cost to simply having a dealer investigate the issue?

Cheers Everyone!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
whew- i read thru all your problems-
just wondering if you got like a seriously mixed up wiring harness.......
instead of harness A - you got harness B?
(one of the gurus here mentioned that KIA has something like a zillion different electrical harnesses......)

hey- whichever electrical harness guy i am thinking of-
really-
is there anyway to tell one elec.harness from another?

for example- fas93 and i (and i am sure a few others) are looking at getting some "light up" door scuffs.......... some of the sites(which are mostly based in taiwan..... show the colored wires to cut/tap into- but after hearing about how many different variations of wiring- now- i am a lil worried)

·
Registered
526 Posts
So a few months ago I wrote about a delay with my sunroof button and opening the sunroof in my Koup SX. When I would pull the sunroof button back and hold it back to trigger the sunroof to open all the way nothign would happen. I would let go and try it again same thing. By about the 3rd pull the roof would begin opening...
Since then I have noticed that my dome lights (part of that same fixture with the sunglass holder) have been functioning irregular. Sometimes when I click the passenger light on it doesn't turn on, other times it does turn on but before I click it off it goes out on its own or vice versa (clicked on but no light and all of a sudden the light turns on.)
I've also had an instance or two where when I went to use my horn it was silent... after getting gas and restarting the car the horn worked. And lastly i've had my bluetooth activate from simply using my volume control on my steering wheel.
Has anyone else had these issues with the electrical functions of your Koup? Does this sound like theres a possible short somewhere ? I'm going to take it to a dealer (definitely not my own, won't be stepping foot there ever again) but just wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues. Because they have been intermittent it's one of those things I'm sure will work PERFECT when I take it to show the dealer of course....
Also for something like this it would be covered under warranty correct? would there be a cost to simply having a dealer investigate the issue?

Cheers Everyone!
I've had the same thing happen with my sunroof twice now. The first time it happened I thought maybe I didn't press it right( I had read your first post about the problem with yours just a few days before). The second time it happened I know I pressed it right! Hasn't happened again for some time now. I haven't noticed anything odd about the map lights. I don't use them, they are only used when I open the doors. No issues with the horn either.
The bluetooth has activated with my volume control on the steering wheel also. I was jammin' and using the steering wheel volume to crank it up, the music stopped and the ladys voice came on real loud and scared the sh!t out of me!:eek: That happened a few times, so I turned off the bluetooth function. Eventually it happened again(even with the bluetooth disabled) so I just don't use the steering wheel volume anymore!

These issues don't bother me that much, but now that I know other people are having similar problems I may bring it to the dealer's attention the next time I'm there.
To answer your question, there shouldn't be a charge for the dealer to check it out, and it should be covered under the warranty. Let us know what you find out K?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jeff;

Check out my post about electrical/bluetooth issues. Every now and then my steering wheel buttons would get mixed up....(volume would control mode, mode would mute.....) plus I'm still having problems with my sirius losing the signal sometimes 50% of the time. I've had the radio replaced with no difference. They are now changing all of the buttons and now my ESC light is illuminated for the second time in a year. Although I enjoy my Forte, I seem to have an electrical ghost living in my car.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts