Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with their ESC engaging intermittently under normal driving conditions? It happens often enough so I turn it off every time I drive. Taking it to dealer, but wondering if this is a common problem.

mjd

2011 Koup SX

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had this problem when i was turning but it was the ABS getting confused because i had my 100% tread winter tires on the back and almost bald stock tires on the front.

Also when i brought it in they said they ran a diognostics test and found 2 sensors went bad so im guessing the sensors are your problem unless you have the same issue as me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ESC light actually comes on when it happens so I'm thinking probably a sensor, but the problem is so intermittent...I'm just hoping the mechanic can see the problem when he tests it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Brake Light Switch malfunction

Was having this problem for several months and just ignored it.
Until I read that others were having the same issues (thank god for FF)
Just took my car to the dealers and got it replaced today under warranty and they told me it is a known issue... (not sure why KIA wont just issue a recall on the part)

Also side note, I was having the same problems as others with the wacky volume control on the steering wheel and bluetooth malfunctioning intermittenly... The dealer is ordering me a new volume control (under warranty) however was told it could be the head unit (stereo) in which case the stereo is only covered 3 years-60,000km ... so lets hope its only the volume switch itself.

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ESC, should leave that on sometime :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
95% of the time when a car comes into the shop with a ESC light on it's the brake switch.

If you have problems putting your car into gear (automatics) it is the brake switch. Also another thing to worry about is if that ESC light is on or does come on...your brake lights are not functioning when braking..another reason to go to the dealer.

And for those push start Fortes just hold your push button for 15 seconds to start your car x)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts