Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a lot of the same info from the 2.0L thread, just with a few changes.

The engine code for the Kia Forte 2.0L is Theta II. This engine is a world engine also known as the GEMA I4 or 4B12 for you Mitsubishi fans. You can find this same engine with a few modifications in the Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Hyundai Optima/Sedona, Dodge Avenger, and Chrysler Sebring. This is an easy engine to make parts and has a great potential. Turbo is an option but has to keep a low boost.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the turbo available for the forte koup sx?
Nothing is available yet, someone said that there might be one available from Kia next year. There are turbo kits out there for other cars that use this engine and the Genesis Coup is turbo but can take more PSI because of the 9.0:1 compression ratio. But with the exact same block design the Forte engine should be strong enough to handle around 6-10 PSI. I would not push it past 10.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
To push a turbo no more than 6-10 psi, would it be more suitable to supercharge it instead???
Supercharge can push easely 6-10 psi, less modification require, etc.....

Just a tought!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To push a turbo no more than 6-10 psi, would it be more suitable to supercharge it instead???
Supercharge can push easely 6-10 psi, less modification require, etc.....

Just a tought!
No because you will not gain as much power because of parasitic loss from the pulley. Also with the 2.4L you have a good amount of exhaust volume to get a smaller turbo to spool fast and eliminate most of the turbo lag. Also space requirement is a lot lower.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i ment for the mitsubishi's the 2.0l is a 4b11 and the 2.4l is a 4b12.... and like i said for forte the 2.0l and 2.4l are both theta2's ... at the top it says that the 2.0l theta2 is the same as the gema i4 4b12 and that is not right. because mitsubishi seperates its motors and kia lumps them together..so if your going to refer to them its easier to match 4b11 to the (theta2) 2.0l and the 4b12 to the (theta2) 2.4l

*Q*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts