Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a nightmare. I washed my car, and started to head home when I noticed a little knocking sound under the hood. I thought, well it has idled a minute so maybe the lack of Rpm's is the cause. I pressed the gas, and it stopped. I went on my way but after about 20 miles, it began making a completely different sound. I stopped it immediately, popped the hood, checked the oil, coolant, radiator, and S-belt but noticed nothing out of the ordinary. I tried to start it, nothing. Again, still nothing. Third time, started but a definite jarring was going on under there this time. No more for me.... called roadside assistance then today the shop tells me "I need a completely new engine." Now, its a wait to see if Kia plans to cover this catastrophe. If not, I am still on the hook for more than $6k bank note and the engine. Geez. Anyone else?

Registered
Same thing happened to me. 2013 forte Koup sx. Died on me the other day. Took it to shop and they tried to repair but nope. Said it was something inside engine. Please let me know if Kia covers it or how much a replacement is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts