Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone out there is in need of a replacement engine for a 2014-15 Forte EX. I thought that my 2014 developed a rod-knock at 149k miles, so I bought a salvage yard engine with 107k. When I went to disconnect the engine from the transmission during the replacement, I discovered that the noise I was hearing was simply loose flex plate bolts. Loctite and a torque wrench fixed the issue...so now I have a $1350 engine I don't need. Willing to let it go for $1250 + freight to anyone that needs one. Comes with harness, undisturbed HPFP, and manifolds. Good compression.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just checking to see if anyone out there is in need of a replacement engine for a 2014-15 Forte EX. I thought that my 2014 developed a rod-knock at 149k miles, so I bought a salvage yard engine with 107k. When I went to disconnect the engine from the transmission during the replacement, I discovered that the noise I was hearing was simply loose flex plate bolts. Loctite and a torque wrench fixed the issue...so now I have a $1350 engine I don't need. Willing to let it go for $1250 + freight to anyone that needs one. Comes with harness, undisturbed HPFP, and manifolds. Good compression.
Do you still have this for sale?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts