Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kia forte 2012 LX automatic transmission, with 76,900k miles, 2 months ago it started to make a very annoying noise, usually it is very loud at 1500rpm, has someone had that problem? I suspect a chain tensioner or a stuck valve, I attach a video that is not mine but it is exactly the same sound

I clarify that my car does not smoke, nor has it lost strength, all it´s fine is just the noise

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a kia forte 2012 LX automatic transmission, with 76,900k miles, 2 months ago it started to make a very annoying noise, usually it is very loud at 1500rpm, has someone had that problem? I suspect a chain tensioner or a stuck valve, I attach a video that is not mine but it is exactly the same sound

I clarify that my car does not smoke, nor has it lost strength, all it´s fine is just the noise
I just hit 105k, I’ve done everything the dealership has asked me to on a very regular basis and I am hearing the same noise. No loss of power, no engine stutter or anything. Did you ever find out what the problem was, I am very curious to know!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Take your drive (fan belt) off and see if you hear it. That kinda sounds like a vibrating belt to me. AKA belt slap. Maybe not, as I'm not an ASE Certified Master Mechanic. I don't even claim to be a mechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts