Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While window shopping at the local Advanced Auto I found a little gem in the clearance rack. Got some Dupli-Color engine paint for 4 smackers that lucky enough was darn close to Corsa Blue :D

After removing most the plastics inside the bay paint held good wanted two coats but the lawn service of course had to start mowing while I was half way through the job.:mad:

I'm rather impressed with the Dupli-Color lays nice and thick and doesn't run easily which is lucky cause I was racing the lawnmowers.

All the plastic comes out easy, only tools needed are a screwdriver and a 10mm wrench or socket. The engine cover pops off with two socket and ball connectors and two metal clips in the back that pop as well. The intake is the only wrenching needed with the two 10mm bolts just twist and it disconnects from the hose. The intake hose before the filter does not have any mounting hardware and pulls out easily. Then the hose after the filter has a compression screwy mabob that everyone should know how to remove by now :). The positive battery and fuse box come off easy as well.

Necessary? No. But I really like the way it turned out. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
looks great! I will definitely have to pick up some red for my car. What brand was it that you got?

2,213 Posts
that came out good, looks almost perfect to the car color. i would have kept the battery cover red tho. safety reasons, exploding batteries arent cool! lol (personal expierence) but other than that you did a great job, looks sharp

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Mateng:It's Dupli-Color Ceramic Engine Enamel.

@KIA: Yeah now that you mention that I think I'll grab some of my red model paint and paint the positive sign. In case some fool (not gonna say my fiance) tries to jump it wrong. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
117 Posts
good job!!

where I can get the red line that you apply around the grill?

Thx

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@JP Heh, the pinstripe was an Auto Zone special too, they have all sorts of vinyl stripes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
That looks really good, i just did mine a couple days ago unforunantly i couldnt get the paint to match my Spicy Red lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
That looks really cool :)
Are your calipers going to be blue as well?

I notice in pic 2, that you are parked next to a cruiser...........

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@blkkoup Actually I want to paint the calipers red to match the pinstripe but its used too often for me to take it out of service long enough to let them cure. And the other one is my commuter :D V8 but the city pays for the gas in it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just always liked blue :-Þ the red pinstripe and the red calipers (if I ever get the time to paint them) will be the contrast.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well i will say that you;ll wanna do the calipers on a day off :p took me nearly 5 hours to paint mine! and the second time around took nearly 5 as well! haha

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanna do it the easy way and just put it on four jack stands problem is I need shorter ones. Myself and everyone else in middle GA only seem to have truck jack stands...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the bump but I am just curious as to what color the engine paint is that you picked up. There is a rather large list on the manufactures website. I too have a Corsa Blue Koup.

Dupli-Color :: Engine Paint with Ceramic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts