Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2011 sx every now and then when I get on the freeway my car will suddenly lose power, I’m not sure if it’s a piston misfiring. I’ll turn my abs off and when I get to about 4-5000 Rpms my car with start to sputter it’s like if I ripped the e-brake for a split second. I don’t hear any noise from the transmission when it happens so I’m not sure. Currently sitting at 120k miles. Thanks

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Have you scanned the computer for any trouble codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have not I work at a Best Buy and was gonna see if they could see the codes on my car tomorrow, figured I’d try here first. It’s not necessarily consistent it honestly happens like once a week, I know before I purchased the car there was a new driveline put in the car so I was wondering if maybe it could have to do with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not I work at a Best Buy and was gonna see if they could see the codes on my car tomorrow, figured I’d try here first. It’s not necessarily consistent it honestly happens like once a week, I know before I purchased the car there was a new driveline put in the car so I was wondering if maybe it could have to do with that. I’ll just push the button on the driver side before I start letting the car go in motion, I do turn it off sometimes while the car is moving so do you think that could be a reason as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts