Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blue koup SX, and i am just wondering if anyone has the same problem....

When i turn the car off i hear a metal sound like a tinkling around the engine? i figure if the engine is off, why would it make any sound at all? just weird. It sounds like lil rocks are fumbling in there......

please help or any suggestions...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It's the little rock gremlins eating away at your car...They come up from the ground after you stop driving...Keep a flashlight handy and if you're fast enough you might be able to see one...

It's normal -- the sounds you are hearing occur on every car...it is the cooling down of the metal, exhaust pipes, heat shields, etc. Same thing happens in houses when you hear the weird sounds a heater makes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, thanks. I thought i was just hearing things and being paranoid since its my first car. Loving the car and cant wait to put a nice body kit on it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a blue koup SX, and i am just wondering if anyone has the same problem....

When i turn the car off i hear a metal sound like a tinkling around the engine? i figure if the engine is off, why would it make any sound at all? just weird. It sounds like lil rocks are fumbling in there......

please help or any suggestions...
It's the exhaust and cat converter contracting as it cools. Show me a post 80's era car that doesn't do the same thing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ya I hear it all the time. sometimes I question if its not something else. it does it when i open the door sometimes or when i get in and sit down, the car can sit all night and still does it. its like a popping sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts