Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new kia owner.. first kia I've owned. I enjoy this car since I got it few months ago. Unfortunately the engine is bad in it and need a new one. Mine is a 2014 forte 2.0 gdi motor and the prices for a used one aren't much cheaper than a new one. I was wondering if I get 1.8 will everything match as the same as the 2.0? Can I do a swap on engines sizes with no issues? I don't want to buy a 1.8 and it not fit. Someone please help me figure this out cause I can't find anything bout it

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I would not attempt this. It may "fit", but the electronics will be different along with many other things that will make this difficult. What is wrong with the current engine? Was it overheated, run out of oil, hydrolocked?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would not attempt this. It may "fit", but the electronics will be different along with many other things that will make this difficult. What is wrong with the current engine? Was it overheated, run out of oil, hydrolocked?
I was wondering the same.My forte has been thru two engines already first one at 60000 due to piston rings.The second one hit 75000 on it before yet again piston problem. It sounds like the wrist pin.issue. As far as the electrics go. What exactly would need to be change or has some one on the forum did this already ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Kia forte 20 later looking to put a 1.8 and it does anybody know if the automatic transmission will bolt up I have the computer for the 1.8 engine with that motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts