Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're mechanically inclined, an LS swap is usually the de facto way to go. However the forte doesn't have a lot of extra room so you'd have to do some welding, cutting and fitting for it to fit, possibly even to the underbody/chassis. Your best bet would probably be to get a universal turbo kit and install it (or get a performance shop to install it for you). That also requires some fitting and cutting/welding but should be less. You also get the benefit of not adding a lot of weight and keeping the good fuel economy.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
LS swap? Seriously? You’re suggesting he install a V8 in a FWD car? Sure, anything is possible but installing a V8 and RWD platform in a Forte is probably not something he’s able to do. If he could, he wouldn’t be here asking for suggestions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LS swap? Seriously? You’re suggesting he install a V8 in a FWD car? Sure, anything is possible but installing a V8 and RWD platform in a Forte is probably not something he’s able to do. If he could, he wouldn’t be here asking for suggestions.
What would your suggestion be? Swap a genesis 3.8l in ? Would cost 4x the amount and still require a ton of work. Swap a smaller engine with a turbo in? May as well add a turbo and keep the gamma. Not like an EJ20 or 25 would fit either, and you can count out any rotary, BMW or LF engines.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
So I was thinking 5.0L Coyote crate engine v8 with 460horsepower so you sayin with a lil by of cutting and welding I could make this happen lmk ASAP rocky
Why? If you want a performance car, buy a performance car. If you want a Coyote 5.0, buy a Mustang GT. If you want and LS, buy a Camaro. I don’t understand the need to make a base economy FWD car into a RWD V8 car unless you are going to turn it into a track only car. I’m sure a Mustang or Camaro would be cheaper than doing a V8 install and FWD to RWD conversion.

Reactions: PLP and ForteGT2

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,427 Posts
You might want to consider a J60 or J85 engine...
You'd be the fastest car on the block, for sure!

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
583 Posts
You might want to consider a J60 or J85 engine...
You'd be the fastest car on the block, for sure!
Surely yes, but perhaps the car would arrive at destination before the driver and his seat. :)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,427 Posts
Surely yes, but perhaps the car would arrive at destination before the driver and his seat. :)
True...LOL! But at least he wont have to install a drive shaft and rear wheel drive differential...save some money...😈

·
Registered
583 Posts
True...LOL! But at least he wont have to install a drive shaft and rear wheel drive differential...save some money...😈
Hehehe. Yes. Even gives a nice flameout at the rear. I think, the Darwin award beckons for the driver.

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Uhm, why the engine swap? What made you do it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.