Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am on no way thinking about doing this or even considering it. I drive a 2014 Forte EX trim and was thinking that the power it has is pretty good but could someone do an engine swap in the car to make it have a lot of power compared to its weight. I don't know much about engines or swapping them to different vehicles but this thought occurred to me. Since i drive a 2014 Forte with EX trim could the engine be swapped with a 2014 EX Optima or even a EX Sorento. Like i said I am Never going to do this i am just wondering if it could be done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If your pockets are deep enough, anything can be done!

Now should it be done.....that's a different question!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dad and I were known for some interesting vehicle/engine combinations when I was younger....
We had a 1974 Mazda RX4 with a Ford 5.0L that you could NOT drive without spinning wheels to get rolling (my personal favorite). Mom's 1968 Cougar had the factory HP390 and was the only vehicle I ever drove that would slow down if you punched it at 70MPH on the highway due to wheel spin.

I wondered the same thing with the Sorento 3.3L in a Forte. I can see that being an interesting combination but to be honest, if I were to tackle that the Forte would end up being AWD (tell me that wouldn't be awesome!)

There are enough mods available for the 2.0L that a simple desire for more HP would make modding the 2.0 a more feasible option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts