Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased the Koup under the guise that the engineering was performed in the United States (California and Michigan specifically). And while this is a great little car, I have now found my most annoying pet peeve. I am a smoker. Not only is the rubber molded window seal not cigarette cherry resistent (try to ash and hit a bump at the same time), but anytime there is any moisture on the car (like the fog every morning when I go to work), I crack the window and the entire driver's door console gets dripped with water so bad I am afraid of ruining the electronics and warping the trim. Is putting a towel on the door's armrest my only option? I considered wind deflecters, but those don't work too well with windows that don't have a top frame. Thoughts/Opinions folks?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I smoke too wish I didn't :(
anyway I think if you crack the window alittle bit its ok even in the rain but its not a big enough gap to ash the cig and some water tends to get in anyway.. (have no issues with fog or mist around here)

I had to buy one of thos cup ashtrays they work and keep the smoke and smell down..
and if you use one of those Black Ice trees the car seems to smell very good

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
So I purchased the Koup under the guise that the engineering was performed in the United States (California and Michigan specifically). And while this is a great little car, I have now found my most annoying pet peeve. I am a smoker. Not only is the rubber molded window seal not cigarette cherry resistent (try to ash and hit a bump at the same time), but anytime there is any moisture on the car (like the fog every morning when I go to work), I crack the window and the entire driver's door console gets dripped with water so bad I am afraid of ruining the electronics and warping the trim. Is putting a towel on the door's armrest my only option? I considered wind deflecters, but those don't work too well with windows that don't have a top frame. Thoughts/Opinions folks?
Where did you hear that? I never read anything about this. Don't smoke, hence no problem. Why not try that solution...that way you can live longer and pay more for a nursing home...LoL!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
@ fortesx2.4
lol,
i don't think they read it anywhere.. its just what they noticed..

this car is very bad about the rain and I love rain, I used to like to have the windows open a little in the rain.. not so much in this car thou :( oh well nothings perfect)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried to buy a cup holder ashtray at the dealership when I bought my car. Somehow there was no smoking options for my car that they could find on the computer.......asked if they just had an ashtray that fits in a cup holder but they told me not for my car?? Retarded since I know older Kia's had this awsome cupholder ashtray.

Found one with a blue led, but I would rather of had the kia one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts