Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered the Evilla Motorsports strut bar for my ‘21 Forte FE manual and finally got the chance to install it today. It took around 5 mins to install - super easy. It didn’t come with instructions, but you don’t need them. It’s pretty self explanatory. Take off the four nuts on the front strut mounts, drop the bar on, and tighten everything down.
Driving the car after the install, I feel much more connected to the car. There is no more mushiness on turn in with the steering, and overall the chassis just feels a lot better and more solid. If you’re thinking about pulling the trigger on one, go for it. It’s a cheap and easy way to make the car handle better and feel better in the corners.
Of course, here’s some pictures:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system
Automotive design Hood Vehicle Personal luxury car Auto part

Sorry the engine bay is so dirty - haven’t gotten a chance to wash the car in a while.
And shoutout to whoever recommended this on the forums with the heavily modified LXS. Unfortunately I couldn’t find that thread.
All in all, I’m very happy with it, and didn’t expect it to help the car out anywhere near as much as it did.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll like it more if you decide to do rhe 2 point tie bar for the crossmember. Looks awesome!
Thanks!
You mean this one?
I was looking at that for my next mod. Also relatively cheap and looks somewhat simple to install. I think I’ll go for it if that’s what you are talking about

· Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul +, 2023 Kia Soul EX,1992 Toyota Corolla, 2021 Kia Sportage SX
319 Posts
Looks good man, another thing that is on my list lol

Reactions: noturbonoproblem

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know if and what's the difference between the Evilla Strut Tower Bar vs. the Pierce Motorsports Strut Tower Bar from KDM Tuners? They're both the same price, $150.
Looks very similar. Same material, similar design. The KDM Tuners website says you need to trim the cowl for the Pierce Motorsports bar, but that might only be the case for the Veloster. Up to you which one you choose. The fitment was literally perfect for the Evilla bar, I will say. It clears the ECU wiring nicely, as well as the brake reservoir. It feels like a factory piece

Reactions: AndrewForteGT

· Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,814 Posts

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hamster-GT has the Pierce strut bar - post #118 in his thread:

The adventures of Hamster-GT. My 1st Korean car build. | Page 6 | Kia Forte Forum (forteforums.com)

View attachment 84190

No cutting required - uses the inside tower bolts as well.
That’s what it is - I knew there was a difference looking at it I just wasn’t sure. I wonder if tower bolt placement makes a difference. With the bolts on the outside on the Evilla unit I have, it seems to work and fit really well. I noticed from the picture with the Pierce bar you have to remove it to get at the ECU plugs or to top up the brake fluid. This isn’t an issue with the Evilla bar, and personally, I’d go Evilla just for that reason. Obviously up to you though.

· Registered
2020 Forte GT DCT
93 Posts
That’s what it is - I knew there was a difference looking at it I just wasn’t sure. I wonder if tower bolt placement makes a difference. With the bolts on the outside on the Evilla unit I have, it seems to work and fit really well. I noticed from the picture with the Pierce bar you have to remove it to get at the ECU plugs or to top up the brake fluid. This isn’t an issue with the Evilla bar, and personally, I’d go Evilla just for that reason. Obviously up to you though.
Good point and makes sense. I would also go with the Evilla as well.

· Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
728 Posts
I also considered the master cylinder serviceability, but I don't mind removing the bar to do that. I had performance in mind, so I chose the Pierce Motorsports bar over Evilla due to where the Pierce bar reinforces the weaker part of the strut tower. Either bar will be fine.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also considered the master cylinder serviceability, but I don't mind removing the bar to do that. I had performance in mind, so I chose the Pierce Motorsports bar over Evilla due to where the Pierce bar reinforces the weaker part of the strut tower. Either bar will be fine.
Seems like if you want serviceability, go Evilla, if you want outright strength, go Pierce.

Reactions: Hamster-GT

· Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
104 Posts
I decided to go with all three from Evilla, it was < $400 to my door and a thankfully a significant performance difference/great feel. This car reminds my of building ARs, cheap and exciting, especially considering upgraded sway bars for my FD cost me $640!

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I decided to go with all three from Evilla, it was < $400 to my door and a thankfully a significant performance difference/great feel. This car reminds my of building ARs, cheap and exciting, especially considering upgraded sway bars for my FD cost me $640!
Good to hear it. I’m considering just getting the rest of The Evilla chassis stuff. It’s not expensive, relatively straightforward to install, and makes a pretty noticeable difference.

Reactions: Malystryx1

· Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
104 Posts
Good to hear it. I’m considering just getting the rest of The Evilla chassis stuff. It’s not expensive, relatively straightforward to install, and makes a pretty noticeable difference.
I’d for sure suggest it, I was definitely looking for some feedback ahead of purchasing myself, but decided to just give it a try…

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can anyone confirm that this 2 point brace will fit the Forte? It says it’s for the Veloster but came up when I put Forte into KDM Tuners website. It’s cheaper than the Evilla unit and in stock. If it does fit, which option do I choose from the drop down menu? Thanks

· Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
728 Posts
Can anyone confirm that this 2 point brace will fit the Forte? It says it’s for the Veloster but came up when I put Forte into KDM Tuners website. It’s cheaper than the Evilla unit and in stock. If it does fit, which option do I choose from the drop down menu? Thanks
1.6T
I got mine from Pierce Motorsports. I got it on their Elantra Sport section. Identical bar for Veloster 1.6T, also. You'll need some cutting tools for the plastic undertray if you want to retain it.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1.6T
I got mine from Pierce Motorsports. I got it on their Elantra Sport section. Identical bar for Veloster 1.6T, also. You'll need some cutting tools for the plastic undertray if you want to retain it.
Sounds good. So I get the 1.6t bar even though I have the 2.0?

· Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,814 Posts
Sounds good. So I get the 1.6t bar even though I have the 2.0?
Frames are the same.

Example: The part numbers for the frame are the same between the FE and GT models.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: ForteGT2
1 - 20 of 42 Posts