Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Alright, please don't get all pissy with this thread if it's already been done. Checked some other ones, but they weren't exactly about what it is that I'm wanting to know. I know, or at least have been told, that some of the differences between the EX and SX Koups are the suspensions and exhausts. So what exactly are the differences then? The SX has a high flow CAT as opposed to what on the EX? Are the pipes also wider? Also, the "sport tuned suspension", what exactly makes it so? Per the parts department at my dealer, the springs and struts on the SX are a different part number than the EX (which is all they could really tell me), so obviously that means they are different, but how so? Are the SX springs more firm? Are the struts as well? I know most people with SX Koups are still getting aftermarket springs and exhausts, so the difference in SX and EX can't be that much more if they're still also being substituted, but if they're still better and I can get them for much cheaper than aftermarket stuff and still make my EX a little bit better, than so be it. :) Sorry for making this so long. I would appreciate the information. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well no forte has a high flow cat stock, so thats out of the question. The sx comes with 2 inch pipe and I am not 100 percent sure believe the ex does as well. The suspension is different. The sx comes with stiffer springs and struts to help with turning and overal feel for the car. Like you mentioned many are still getting lowering springs because it gives the car a cleaner look and helps with body roll and helps around the turns.

You can get sx springs to stiffen up an ex but it will still ride at the same hieght. If interested I have a pair of SX springs looking for a good home. PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The SX has stiffer and firmer suspension than the EX. The exhaust on the Koup is a little more aggressive, the muffler is just tuned differently.
All models have the same cat con. And all pipes are 2".

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The SX also has larger front disks, 300mm vs. 280 mm.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The only real difference in exhaust between models are between the LEV and the ULEV cars.

The ULEV have a more restrictive header, and a carbon pre-filter.

The exhaust between the 2.4 and the 2.0L are pretty much the same with the Koup having the option for the SX-R muffler (sorry USA Koups). They both have OE style CATs.

Brakes, Springs and shocks are the largest difference in suspension. SX gets larger discs, stiffer springs and shocks.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. I really appreciate the information on this. ForteSX, I actually had someone else that was going to sell me theirs, but I backed out when I found out they were the same height. I'll let you know of anything changes though. Thanks again everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts