Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any EX Koup owners have any regrets not getting an SX?
Sometimes i wish i had satellite radio just because i had it in my old car but with the ipod hookup it's not that bad. Some people say they wish they had the extra power but in my opinion the $3000 for an extra 20hp isn't really worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
only thing i regret not having is the sunroof. now when i bought my ex, they didnt have a sunroof option. like a week after i bought mine, i took it in to get cleaned because when i bought it, it was raining all day. well, they had just received like 10 new koup ex models with sunroofs. my jaw dropped lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
only thing i regret not having is the sunroof. now when i bought my ex, they didnt have a sunroof option. like a week after i bought mine, i took it in to get cleaned because when i bought it, it was raining all day. well, they had just received like 10 new koup ex models with sunroofs. my jaw dropped lol
that sucks! id like a sunroof but im okay not having one.

i couldnt justify getting an SX over an EX for the price difference..

i like my EX. plus i like the matte black front bumper parts vs the gloss black parts.

2,213 Posts
Sometimes i wish i had satellite radio just because i had it in my old car but with the ipod hookup it's not that bad. Some people say they wish they had the extra power but in my opinion the $3000 for an extra 20hp isn't really worth it.
20hp, sport tuned suspension, much better interior, sunroof, and some other do-hickeys...definitaly worth the extra $3k. comes out to about an extra $20 a month in payments.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The only thing I regret about choosing the EX over the SX is missing the stock fog lights and the nicer 17" wheels on the SX. I got the sunroof and fancy rear view mirror with "Home Connect", though.

On the flip side, I'm glad I went with the 2.0 engine, and I'm not sure I would have been able to get used to the ride in the SX which would most certainly be even more rough that what I get out of my EX.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have sunlight sensitivity so definately no sunroof for me. I had a sunroof on previous car because they didn't have a fully loaded model that came without it and I only opened it around 4 times during the 3 years of owning it and that was at night. Definately like the softer ride of the EX especially with the roads around here. I only miss not having the fog lamps and the trip computer minus the TPMS. Love the matte black of the EX panels.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's all a matter of perspective and budget. For me I'm comparing the Koup against some more expensive vehicles and the SX is significantly cheaper while being competitve, but the EX just doesn't step up to the competition.

If comparing it to cheaper cars I'm sure the EX does just as well against that competition.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I don't really regret it. My dealership only had one Titanium Silver on the lot which I had my mind set on getting. It has the stock EX wheels that matches the body color and has the classic 5 spoke design which I like. I really just don't like the stock SX wheels for some reason, never have. It has the two tone black and stone interior which I don't think is available on a SX for some reason. Really dig my interior, the all black interior just seemed too boring. I have pics of it in my garage if anyone's curious.

I was bummed I didn't have the fog lights and glossy black trim the SX has but I have those now and just need to install them. I was bummed I didn't have the little extra horsepower the SX has but a couple aftermarket parts can fix that. The one thing I regret though is I don't have a temperature guage! WTF?! Bluetooth is standard but a temperature guage is a luxury? Oh well...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Absolutely no regrets.
I only like the sun if I am on a beach.
All city driving...The tighter suspension
of the SX sold me on the EX.
2.0l vs 2.4l, you can only go 100Km/h
and these aren't sports cars, anyways.
I prefer clothe to leather
Plus, foglights are gay.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I paid $17,840 for my 2010 Koup SX 6 speed manual fully loaded.

2011 Kia Forte

There's quite a difference between the SX and EX, there are many, many reasons why I did not buy the EX...

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was bummed I didn't have the little extra horsepower the SX has but a couple aftermarket parts can fix that.
17hp may be able to be made up with...several aftermarket parts. But the 24 extra ft-lbs of torque and the peaks coming at a lower rpm in the larger engine are going to be hard to come up with. Definitely more expensive than the ~$1500 upgrade to SX.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
17hp may be able to be made up with...several aftermarket parts. But the 24 extra ft-lbs of torque and the peaks coming at a lower rpm in the larger engine are going to be hard to come up with. Definitely more expensive than the ~$1500 upgrade to SX.
Cool story. A CAI and an exhaust will easily give me 17hp, I certainly don't call that several parts. Regardless, I bought this car because my other p.o.s. broke down and I needed something to get me to work and school. If we both go the speed limit, we're both going to get there at the same time. Besides, my EX looks better than your SX. Na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo. :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Well currently mine looks like a Celica because I haven't decided yet :)

I have serious doubts that a cai and exhaust would net 17hp.

Remember you can't just add. Getting 10 from a CAI and 7 from an exhaust does not equal 17 when put together.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
You might be right but I'm not worried about it because I don't plan on doing any performance upgrades. I don't race and 156hp in a 2800lb car is enough for me to get around. Also keep in mind that bigger engine in a SX weighs more than the EX. You can save anywhere from 45lbs to 154lbs depending on what transmissions you compare.

For anyone who was serious about tuning and who knew what they were doing the 2.0l engine has more available applications than the 2.4l in the SX.

·
Registered
532 Posts
No regrets I prefer the interior of the ex only thing I wish I had was the computer in the gauge cluster to see mpgs and stuff. Don't care for lighted speaker flashy gauges leather seats. Better gas mileage is much better than 20 hp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts