178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order for my Forte SX that consist of:

Rear carbon fiber lip spoiler
6000k Hid Kit
3000k yellow fog light bulbs
T-10 replacement led's for license plate lights
and getting window tint on tomorrow :D
I am soooo excited to get my baby looking like my own!!
Will have pics up if anyone cares how it looks lol.

Has anyone used the fog light tint vinyl yet or the tail light ones?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That what I wanted to know before i ordered them. I have spray tinted them before but don't want to do that to these ones. Thanks Revolution

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post pics as soon as i get them haha.. I wont get the stuff for bout another week :'( cause some of it is coming straight from Korea and its gotta get through custom....arg. But as soon as I get it im putting it on the car and posting pics!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See these are the hids, intake, tint, and license plate bulbs...more to come hopefully get it on tuesday (stupid presidents day on monday haha) but ya the only problem I notices that the headlight was cracked in the back...BADLY, and I didnt do it so i gotta take the HIDs out again:mad: argg to take it to the dealer...but I think it looks good soo far...MORE TO COME!!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
LOOkin GOOD

:cool:lookin good.....Where did you get the blue LED license plate bulbs?

I would like to get some white with slight blue tint LEDS for mine...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and if you put them in and they dont work...u have them the wrong way..I found that out haha...theres a specific way to put them in. All u have to do is. open the trunk, take off the black carpet thing on the trunk lid and they pop right out of the socket where they are...

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Looks great! I want to put HIDs in my Koup but I don't trust myself with changing them and I have no car savvy friends! :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol its not that hard...my friend and i did it in about an hour I will post detailed instructions and pics cause i have to redo my driver side one...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks man for the link and helpful info. I'll post pix asap

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I made it myself, you take off the top of the airbox, take the filter out, get a 6-8"piece of intake tubing (I used 3") and a cone filter and put it on the intake tubing. than put that into the stock tubing lol..the cheapest intake ever haha, and it doesn't throw any codes due to the sensors being on the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I made it myself, you take off the top of the airbox, take the filter out, get a 6-8"piece of intake tubing (I used 3") and a cone filter and put it on the intake tubing. than put that into the stock tubing lol..the cheapest intake ever haha, and it doesn't throw any codes due to the sensors being on the throttle body.
are you getting any gain from that intake seriously?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no, it just makes the engine sound "meaner" lol, it gives u a real noticeable change in the engine sound when you are accelerating lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are the measurements of the intake cone? I'm gonna go to autozone to look for one myself.
It just any one that you want really, i got the cheapest one which is like 1999...but if you really want to go good, get a k&n intake cone. Mine was an adjustible one, it went from like 4" down to 2.5" in the clamping area...if you get what I mean..I think mine is the APC one they have..

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I basically just set my own cone up like yours SX...and I do notice some gain, but especially the kickass sound!! Theres definitely more kick in the pants gain...and the sound growl definitely sounds mean.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts