Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just trying to make sure things will work. I see a lot of direct fit aftermarket catalytic converters and exhaust systems however they range from 2.25” to 3” diameters. Is it safe to assume it’s in fact direct fit/bolt in no other modifications would be needed regardless of diameter size? Currently I’m looking at the Megan racing system and it shows 3” diameter and the only thing that come close to a HFC is a magnaflow that has the option of 2.25” and 2.5” diameter. Does the size differences pose problems? Or is it truly direct fit and as simple as just putting them on?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Not as simple as patching it together. First, unless you are pumping out massive HP needing a large volume of flow you will not need 3", way to big. For most all purposes, 2.5" is a good upgrade. Make that the size of both HFC and exhaust and you will have a good setup, but try to avoid mashing up different diameter piping, it will not be efficient or really beneficial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll thanks for the info. I’ve seen systems that let you match up different diameters but it sounded iffy to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts