Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
i was wondering wouldn't it be best to just buy a Universal Dual Exhaust for the SX. I mean you can just have installed proffesionally? I am just asking because i have stumbled into some very very nice Dual Exhaust On Ebay that has me thinking wether i should go for it or not.

·
Registered
746 Posts
In a prev thread i mentioned iwas going to buy a new caliper as i thought it was off.
i did a digital mastercraft. re measured from the cat - back. my SX is 2.14inches.
i thought my first was off.

i should re measure headers; my first caliper at dealer lot measurred 1.78inches.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I mean dont get me wrong the dual exhaust from Turbokits.com looks great but i want mines to come out and then upward, not sure if that makes any sense. But is like a slanted tilt style. More like a 45degree angle going up. Ok am done trying to explain is very difficult as english is my second language.

·
Registered
348 Posts
A fairly standard rule is a mild 4 cylinder system is done with 2.25", as any larger and you can actually decrease performance due to lower exhaust velocity and too little back pressure. There is a whole science behind it, but unless you are really, really experienced in tuning, and have the equipment to test-as-you-go I suggest sticking to the conventions, and not straying. Sure it's 'only' another quarter of an inch, but that is actually an increase of 23% in area and you won't have the flow to support it.

Going from 2" to 2.25" is an increase of 26%... that's a huge jump to begin with. Going to 2.5" is a 56% increase over stock... Wow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.