Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
i was wondering wouldn't it be best to just buy a Universal Dual Exhaust for the SX. I mean you can just have installed proffesionally? I am just asking because i have stumbled into some very very nice Dual Exhaust On Ebay that has me thinking wether i should go for it or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the reason why i ask is just because i really didn't likw how the Turbokit;s prototype performed thats just my opinion though.

·
Registered
973 Posts
the reason why i ask is just because i really didn't likw how the Turbokit;s prototype performed thats just my opinion though.
honestly your gonna be hard pressed to find an exhaust that will even match what they got out of theirs, 7whp and 6ft/lbs of torque is HUGE, especially just from a bolt on

·
Registered
56 Posts
Let me rephrase that i did not like how it sounded, But the universal fits that i was looking at they all guaranteed the the same hp+Torque. 5-10 it's all the same really.

·
Registered
746 Posts
In a prev thread i mentioned iwas going to buy a new caliper as i thought it was off.
i did a digital mastercraft. re measured from the cat - back. my SX is 2.14inches.
i thought my first was off.

i should re measure headers; my first caliper at dealer lot measurred 1.78inches.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I mean dont get me wrong the dual exhaust from Turbokits.com looks great but i want mines to come out and then upward, not sure if that makes any sense. But is like a slanted tilt style. More like a 45degree angle going up. Ok am done trying to explain is very difficult as english is my second language.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey by any chance do you know what size diameter is the inlet for our stock exhaust cause am really thinking of getting me the 2.5 one but if our car is smaller than that then am screwed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
A fairly standard rule is a mild 4 cylinder system is done with 2.25", as any larger and you can actually decrease performance due to lower exhaust velocity and too little back pressure. There is a whole science behind it, but unless you are really, really experienced in tuning, and have the equipment to test-as-you-go I suggest sticking to the conventions, and not straying. Sure it's 'only' another quarter of an inch, but that is actually an increase of 23% in area and you won't have the flow to support it.

Going from 2" to 2.25" is an increase of 26%... that's a huge jump to begin with. Going to 2.5" is a 56% increase over stock... Wow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts