Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an exhaust system for my Koup SX. I like the turbokits exhaust but I was wondering if I should wait a while and see if any other cat-back systems come out. Also, if I did go with turbokits should I get the high flow cat pipe as well or just go for the $800 cai and catback? Will the cat pipe make a $350 difference in sound or hp gains?

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
i know im ganna wait a while till something else is out for the koup so i have something to compare the one from tk too and decide from there

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
go to your local auto parts store and buy a kit for your intake which wouldn't cost more than $100 I used specrt re parts and its great and for your exhaust all you need to do is go to a muffler shop and have them put in a turbo muffler. doing this will be way way way cheaper than going with the turbo kits stuff and it will sound just as good and probably give you about the same performance. I havent done my muffler yet but it is definitely on my list

·
Registered
129 Posts
if i'm right tk's exhuast is a 2.5". the car has 2.25". how would putting a turbo muffler increase your performance? you're still running the same restricted exhuast. it might sound similar but won't help your performance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
on a small 4 banger 2.25" is really all you need. We are not making enough power to benifit from a larger exhaust. now the stock exhaust is restrictive in that it does not use mandrel bends and im sure a more restrictive cat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was talking to the owner of Road///Race Motorsports and he said that they have a test pipe built for the Koup. It removes the second CAT and then you could just do a custom set up at any muffler shop from there. That will give you a choice of mufflers and looks. I find it is the least expensive way to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
anything past the header collector is restriction, my point is you can't ever go too big, im planning on doing 3 inch setup for max power =]

·
Registered
139 Posts
I thought if you went to big you wouldn't get enough back pressure? I don't know much (if anything) about the subject though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Told you I didn't know anything.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What kind of exhaust system do i need...? I want to hear my car's balls without it being loud. Good flow and huevos rancheros.

I don't want a tingy or mini sounding system either. I just want non-aggressive....balls. I want my exhaust to subtly wear the pants and roll like a luxury monster. Not loud, just beef.

Ive just been looking at these kits...JunBL catback, turbokits, SXR exhaust, local muffler shops...ect. Some one has to tell me what I should be doing. I was at kia today asking every question i had while getting my car serviced. Kia doesnt seem to know much about my car. Taking into consideration diffusers, price, welding or factory hangers, dual tip, dual dual tip; If one of you guys was trying to dope up my Darth Vader black SX exhaust, what would you do?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am looking for an exhaust system for my Koup SX. I like the turbokits exhaust but I was wondering if I should wait a while and see if any other cat-back systems come out. Also, if I did go with turbokits should I get the high flow cat pipe as well or just go for the $800 cai and catback? Will the cat pipe make a $350 difference in sound or hp gains?

Thanks
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/p...rformance-sound-without-performance-cost.html

had to do it for the :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'd go with anything 2.5 inch then. most aftermarket exhaust have "good" flow, its a matter of what look you want for your car.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
if i'm right tk's exhuast is a 2.5". the car has 2.25". how would putting a turbo muffler increase your performance? you're still running the same restricted exhuast. it might sound similar but won't help your performance.
I just took my Koup's exhaust off to install the Solo Performance exhaust -- the OE exhaust pipe is 2"ID and crimps down to 1 3/4" at the ends of the muffler (it is not 2.25") -- look for my pics in my the thread "solo performance exhaust install and critique".

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/p...olo-performance-exhaust-install-critique.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts