Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
I didn't even noticed it was crush bend piping. I doubt you actually got any power increase going from stock mandrel to crush bend.

And even with aftermarket mandrel bent piping you will never see those kind of gains. I mean the time turbokits and solo even used a hiflow cat and didn't realize that much. And a vendor numbers are alway inflated to boost sales.

· Site Sponsor
1,817 Posts
Really? We backed up every product we made with before and after DYNOs? How are we inflating anything? Other Koups we tested even made more power than our Koup, so if anything, we understated our numbers. Also, the High Flow CAT DID gain HP.

I mean the time turbokits and solo even used a hiflow cat and didn't realize that much. And a vendor numbers are alway inflated to boost sales.

· Site Sponsor
1,817 Posts
Understood, thanks for clarifying :)

Should I go back and edit my posted to say all vendors except for yours are inflated?

The point at hand TK was someone thinking they got 15hp off a crush bending piping. I could understand you being upset if I insulted your exhaust.

· Registered
34 Posts
^^Co-sign. I love the exhaust setup and the tips! Not too sure about the crush bends though...bends to begin with add effective resistance to your exhaust flow...and crush bends will add more since the diameter is cut down :(

That said, the difference between this system and an indentical one..but using mandrel bends....may not be that much if anything :D

· Registered
9 Posts
Part number for Dynomax?

Can we get the part number for which Dynomax? Math....does it have that high pitched sound without the res? I am looking for a deep sound and not that ricer sound as well. Does it pop a bunch on decel?

Thanks!

· Registered
166 Posts
I did a video its on youtube you can heart it the car is still cold but im gonna buy a magnaflow resonator just like this guy to take care of the rasp when the car is cold its sound weird. like a metallic thing or something ...

· Registered
9 Posts
Tips

Really like that tone :)

By the way, where are you all buying your tips from? I sent Ed an email and he was great to talk to! He knows his stuff for sure and let me know what all was needed. The bad thing is I cannot find anyone selling those tips he used.

Thanks!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.