Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this 7ism dual exhaust, but would also like to see any others that people find:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
KSPEC now has a dual catback exhaust for you Koup owners

detail KSPEC KDM Performance Center
Looks nice and it looks like it requires cutting out a section of the diffuser. Price is a bit steep though. While I understand their need to make a profit, I can get a custom aluminized pipe exhaust installed at the local Mad Hatter muffler shop for $250-$300 and if I want dual mufflers/pipes it's another $100-$150.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like the 7ism because it is a full exhaust system(compared to just tips) that should improve air flow considerably. didn't realize it was on a 1.6L, I bet it'd sound damn good on my SX. that kspec looks good too, i'd like to hear it.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I've emailed KSPEC and they're getting back to me regarding a kit for the SX Sedan.
Here's my response from KSPEC Monday am.

Dear Iain,

Forte sedan one is available.
1.6 model one is available but 2.0/2.4 one will be available soon from JunBL.
They are updating the product info, so we will post as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Sales Team

kSpec.com

I"ll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am headed to Ed Hanson's Muffler Service tomorrow to make a custom dual exhaust based on Dynomax components. I am not going stainless (for cost reasons) but I'm doing this for the extra ponies and MPG when not on it. I will take pictures and audio.

My only regret is not dyno'ing the car before I do the mod. However, there are enough Koup's out there to dyno their stock vehicle before a system. Has anyone considering dyno baselining?

PS: CA SXs are spec'ed at 163 crank hp btw. I wonder if it's timing or restrictive exhaust?? Ed should be able to tell me if it is exhaust.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well then... I will need all the help I can get. The exhaust and intake should help. You would have have to pull timing and fuel to make the jump. A WOT Dyno run should tell the story on fuel--timing will be the other variable. I know someone is going to offer ECU retunes and I cannot wait for that! There are more ponies in this motor.

Just confirmed with ED--We are on for Thursday AM early.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post but I went to my local muffler guy to see about the dual exhaust and he quoted about $700-$800 cdn for the job. I know the Forte Koup JunBL Dual Catback at Kspec is even more. Just wondering if anyone got it done and what the final cost was and if the outcome was worth the price.

Thanks

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post but I went to my local muffler guy to see about the dual exhaust and he quoted about $700-$800 cdn for the job. I know the Forte Koup JunBL Dual Catback at Kspec is even more. Just wondering if anyone got it done and what the final cost was and if the outcome was worth the price.

Thanks
wow thats still steep
Mine (single pipe of course, not dual) was just 250 USD wit hthe magnaflow muffler from the cat back

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a good price. He was telling me he would have to custom build it due to the lack of space under the Koup. Told me to buy an aftermarket OEM and bring it in for install.

:(

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's a good price. He was telling me he would have to custom build it due to the lack of space under the Koup. Told me to buy an aftermarket OEM and bring it in for install.

:(
Ah I guess it could be a bit different under the koup, mine is essentially just one bend away from being perfectly straight now, not hanging down or anything; The guy that did mine didn't tell me anything like that so the sedan may be set up differently...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts