Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, seeings how alot of the members here have both exhaust and eibach springs, I need to know what one would be best to do first?

I can only afford to do one or the other and it'll be a while before I can do the remaining one, so which one has provided the most satisfaction to members here?

Note, I'd be going with the solo catback & hi flow cat
+

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Its a matter of IMHO 2 things

1. do you live in a place where you get to drive you car around alot of corners at higher speeds?
2. are you looking too improve sound and hp more then handling?

If you looking more to make the car a bit faster and sound better.. then the exhaust is your answer.

if Handling and style are more important too you rather then speed I'd say get the lowering springs :)

one last thought the lowering springs are around 200.00 dollars ,good deal if you ask me
I think the full exhaust kits are alot more but nobody can really tell you what to do first lol.. do what feels right to you ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice feedback, the way i look at it, lowering would bring more to appearance, exhaust more performance, ive noticed the handling seems to outweigh the power as the car sits with the roads i drive on,that being said i think I need more power. Just waiting for feedback regarding an ECL that a member has with the SOLO hi flo cat.

Price is pretty close as Ill buy thru a shop and have them install that way if any issues arrise with the springs there warranty will cover, and Id like to do the struts at the same time (when available) or maybe just coilovers...:p

You guys got me thinking out of the box, thank you for your opinions:)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'd go exhaust first cuz it'll take less time to save for the springs since their cheaper then exhaust. I agree with noodile tho, when u step on the gas u hear it every time...while you can't SEE your lowered stance when your driving. Yea you can feel it tighter but it's not something you'll rly notice after a while I don't think. But you'll always hear the exhaust :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I do mods I am not concerned with performance as much because I just cannot validate a ticket. Why make my car faster when it raises my chances of getting a ticket, court fees, and points on my record....A $100-$200 ticket now has substantially lowered my budget and ruin my chances for any other mods I planned on.

So since you are looking for opinions I personally would go with springs. It will give you a more aggressive look, cornering will be tight and noticeable and trust me you will not forget you have them on there. When I had that done on my previous car quiet a few people with that same car asked me if I had lowering springs and if I liked it and that made it worthwhile because obviously they noticed the difference....

Where I live exhausts can only be so many decibals and the cops have nothing better to do than pick on us, the ones who are just having fun with our cars. As if we are drug dealers or murderers. I would check local laws to find out if the exhaust you want wont get you in trouble.....Do what you feel is best for you though. That's the most important thing...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Slam it!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Exhaust is performance, better fuel economy (can pay for itself), and a sweeter sound.

Don't slam it unless you do it right with some nice adjustable coilovers. Wait for tein to get theirs for the fortes. Do the exhaust now!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may just break the bank and do both hah, theres no decibel laws here that I know of and I've had eibachs on a Mitsubishi eclipse before but I also had the shocks/ struts to, I've also had exhaust though raspy cheapand ugly they were loud and I think overall a catback will be more refined so ef the police.
I think they go after rides that catch their attention more than anything anyways, hence the reason I stayed with stock SX wheels, but both exhaust and springs have been ordered so these will be my last mods for awhile cuz I'm broke now.

Trust me, the cops will mess with the guy in the red coupe before the silver sedan everytime... I know this as my last ticket comes off in May ;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That's cool that u got both but I have a question. Why would u start off by saying u "may break the bank and buy both" and then later say both have been ordered? Lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I'd go exhaust first cuz it'll take less time to save for the springs since their cheaper then exhaust. I agree with noodile tho, when u step on the gas u hear it every time...while you can't SEE your lowered stance when your driving. Yea you can feel it tighter but it's not something you'll rly notice after a while I don't think. But you'll always hear the exhaust :)
i notice my car is lowered everyday :) and so does everybody else looking too.

IMO, id get the exhaust as well and save for coilovers. just getting lowering springs isnt that smart of an idea with a new car, i know :)especially if the roads where you live are harsh. it took me 7 months to ruin my struts and i had to get it fixed. trust me, its expensive and very disheartening when you throw away so much money to fix a car you JUST got. lol im saving for coilovers because i want to drop it lowwwwww and i want to do it right.

get exhaust

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That's cool that u got both but I have a question. Why would u start off by saying u "may break the bank and buy both" and then later say both have been ordered? Lol
Cause I ordered the springs through a shop so i could still technically back out, and just have them save them for install at a later date, exhaust has been paid for already though as of last night. :p

and for those worried about the shops feelings, theyll get over it, ive tossed thousands their way in tires,wheels, and lowering kits in the past, that and they just put it on 1 of there trucks from their supplier.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i notice my car is lowered everyday :) and so does everybody else looking too.

IMO, id get the exhaust as well and save for coilovers. just getting lowering springs isnt that smart of an idea with a new car, i know :)especially if the roads where you live are harsh. it took me 7 months to ruin my struts and i had to get it fixed. trust me, its expensive and very disheartening when you throw away so much money to fix a car you JUST got. lol im saving for coilovers because i want to drop it lowwwwww and i want to do it right.

get exhaust
Ive been wondering how things would hold up with the stock struts...I may just bag the springs, seems like something you'd do on a 15 year old car not a 1 month old car, not having shocks ands struts to smooth it out,. So indecisive I know...exhaust is paid for and a sure thing...how much you think the coilovers will run when they come out? and do you know the weight diff between the Sedan and the KOup? 1 more...did you just replce the struts with Oem replacements or go back to stock completely?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^ Diiizzzammm!!, I could of sworn there was someone cheaper, hopefully theres a little competition to bring the price down, I think Im gonna hold out for coilovers anyways...I plan on having this car for awhile so may as well do it right

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I've never seen good Coilovers go for less than $1k. Most cases even the cheapest ones are $1.2k. The best stuff are like $3k. $1.5K for teins would be fairly cheap for a car so new on the market.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:eek: Thats a whole lot of $ for suspension on (holds hands over cars' ears) a Kia.
I guess ill wait until at least theres aftermarket struts and shocks before i make my decision, see how much $ difference ther is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts