Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i know another exhaust thread. i was just lookin around for mufflers and i've read every other post about exhaust and i was just thinking ahs anyone used a borla muffler on there forte or thought of using one i am thinking of gettin one but was just curious what others thought and stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so since i made the title exhaust question no one wants to help me out because there are so many threads like this?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just do a search for magnaflow or borla and you should find what you are looking for. Hope that helps.

P.S. at least it wasn't another HID thread...LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea true lol. i mean i've read like every exhaust thread on here. i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with borla on 4 cylinder engines. but thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Maybe try a "4 cyl Borla" search on YouTube if you want to hear some examples or just a google search for other cars with the Borla.

Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Yeah I'd say youtube would be best but my first choice was borla but they were too expensive so I went with magnaflow

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe try a "4 cyl Borla" search on YouTube if you want to hear some examples or just a google search for other cars with the Borla.

Just a suggestion.
I was going to suggest this as well. For the OP, I plan on going to a custom exhaust shop soon and plan on using Magnaflow or Borla. If it's difficult to distinguish the sounds, I'll go with the more reasonably priced one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea thats what i was thinking too borla is kinda expensive but i was just trying to see if there was a major difference in sound. thanks again for all the help

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well just did some research (youtube videos) lol and i dont really think i like the borla on a 4 cyl kinda sounds just like stock.:confused: so probably going another route

·
Registered
71 Posts
i converted a tiburon exhaust for the forte and i got some gains and sounds amazing il post a vid. every thing worked fine from the headers down is tib exhaust

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I think you should go with a magnaflow muffler. I have muffler #12865 from them and it sounds really good. I too was skeptical on how they would sound and if it was too "ricer", if you will, but it has a nice tone to it. Aidensgrand has a video on YouTube of this muffler so you can tell how it sounds before you get it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea im thinking about the magnaflow 12865 because its suppose to be a bit louder then the other magnaflow. but i like the sound of the ark but thats to damn expensive. i want something kinda loud but not to "ricerish like the old fart cannons". kinda like something to turn peoples heads but then also be able to hear me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The 12865 is the one for u man. That's the same mentality I had when looking for a muffler and I'm extremely pleased with mine! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alrighty man did you get a different tip for it or did you use the stock one?? but i think thats what im gonna get shaks you should make a vid of your car for me do you have a intake on yours. i just have the cone filter on the end of the factory tubing so was wondering if that would make any differences in sound

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.