Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home with my new EX Forte Sedan and noticed a large black plastic molding with screws in a clear plastic sack in the glove compartement. It's sort of rectangular in shape. I didnt see any lables or pictures for it.

Any one know where it mounts?

I got the 2.0 engine, 4 speed auto, drove about 350 miles, mostly interstate miles and at 80+ plus MPH, with small mountain climbs and decents, and averaged about 33.4 MPG .

I stand 6 foot, and weigh in at about 210 pounds, and I found the seat and cockpit layout very comfortable. Give a win for the leg room, but the steering wheel was a reach once the seat was slid back.

Only complaint would have to be road noise off the front tires.

Thx,
Bud

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Licence plate holder for the front for certain sized plates that need to be mounted on the front in certain provinces/states

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
^^^Yep...and BEFORE you go drilling holes:

Look at your front bumper...you will see two little holes in the very front of it. DO NOT drill those out for the plate. Look at the back of the plastic plate...you will see two little pins sticking out. Those pins go into the pilot holes in the front bumper. Once the plate is positioned in the pilot holes the three screw holes can be drilled and the screws installed. If you're lucky you won't have to install a front license plate to keep the car "clean"...LoL!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Makes perfect sense now that it is the front license holder. In New Mexico, the state only requires one plate on the rear of the vehicle. Many thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
yea i was really upset to find out my dealer in his prep of the car mounted that and put one of his shitty dealer tags on the front of the car. My state does not require a front plate. they offered to paint and repair holes for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts