Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Had nothing to do over the Easter Holiday so I decided to take the time to fab up my own CAI while I wait on ordering a TurboKits unit.

I decided not to go as far in the wheel-well as Turbokits since its rained here so much the last 3 years. This still get plenty of cool-air and sounds great.

have a look. And a plus is, it doesnt rub on anything!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Looks good. Nice work. That location though is more open then the Turbokits version and more likely to get splashing water in. Maybe put some shrouding in there to deflect water?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was pouring ass here in Ottawa this morning and I drove it hard, when I got to work, nothing. Dry as ever, I'm not worried.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Damn nice! What pipes did you use? Did you just piece it together and weld it yourself from scratch? Good job!

·
Registered
432 Posts
You might as well keep this one instead of spending money on the turbokit one.. there can't be much difference between both...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How'd you mount your ECU???
There are three mounting holes left over from the air box removal. Really easy to make a bracket for it which I'm doing this weekend.. For now it's ziptied into place very very tight. Zipties can be a key player sometimes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts