Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first Kia, its a 2012 Kia Forte Ex Sedan. I've read some other posts on the factory stereo & tried the suggestions that were posted with no change. I set the Bass, Middle & Treble all to 10 the max with no difference in my rear speakers. Most I'm going to say 95% or more of the sound is coming from my front speaker's it makes no difference what I have these settings on for the rear speakers. The rears don't sound blown, no crackling or popping. Just minimal sound. Eventually I will replace them but for now all my money was spent for the car's mechanical & tire needs. Any suggestions & guidance would be greatly appreciated. 馃檪

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
Is the fader/ balance set mostly to the front?
If not, you might have blown speakers. I have seen blown speakers that just don鈥檛 put out any sound without any sort of buzzing or anything like that that would make you think they were blown

Reactions: mjray

Administrator
2010 Koup SX
I've noticed in my 2010 Koup, as well as my previous Acura Integra and Hyundai Tiburon, that if you set the fader all the way to the rear, the rear speakers don't sound very loud. Not sure if it's just cuz they're farther away or they have less amplification (cuz they're farther away)? If you set the fader all the way to the rear and really barely hear anything, maybe they're blown, yeah. Also, try with different stations, songs, inputs, etc.

Registered
2022 Forte GT2
I recently purchased my first Kia, its a 2012 Kia Forte Ex Sedan. I've read some other posts on the factory stereo & tried the suggestions that were posted with no change. I set the Bass, Middle & Treble all to 10 the max with no difference in my rear speakers. Most I'm going to say 95% or more of the sound is coming from my front speaker's it makes no difference what I have these settings on for the rear speakers. The rears don't sound blown, no crackling or popping. Just minimal sound. Eventually I will replace them but for now all my money was spent for the car's mechanical & tire needs. Any suggestions & guidance would be greatly appreciated. 馃檪
How are you listening to music? If playing through an app on your phone I would check to make sure you aren't double equalizing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts