Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, what's your favorite wax? Brand? Paste vs. liquid vs. Spray ? Applicator? and how often do you wax your baby? (baby being Koup that is, don't get me wrong :D hahaha )

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Before I say what I use please read this. Really good advice on waxing cars and things you should consider before waxing your car.

Car wax

Anyways I use Meguiars car wax, and I use a circular sponge to rub it in and I wipe it off with a microfiber towel.

Warning : DO NOT WAX IN SUNLIGHT!

The wax will dry quicker and will be harder to clean off the car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
SmartWax. Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lol- gotta love it-
4 responses w/brand names- and each of them is a different brand.

i've been trying to get to do a hand wash/wax on my car since i bought it-but of course this damn florida summer storm season weather isnt helping out.

been hitting the touchless wash places as needed to knock off the road scum...

but really looking forward to washing my car (w/meguires gold wash),
waxing it up with turtle waxes black box set-(specially made for black cars)
and after doing the handwax-i've got mequiars ultimat quik detailer sprayer for touchups btwn handwaxings........
and doing the tires with meguiars hot shine tire gel...
i have been taking care of the interior with meguiars natural shine protectant wipes- (sitting around waiting places-i just whip out one and give everything a nice lil touchup- lol-i have a container in the door side pocket)
still have yet to hit the windows with rainX
i tell ya- my driveway is not the same anymore in the daytime since that 80 foot grand oak tree was cut down........nice not to have squirrel poop and leaves and crap dropped on the car- but damn- from sunup to sundown -eternal sunshine on the driveway.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with Meguiars NXT Gen 2.0 wax (extremely easy to apply), and before applying it, i make sure its all clean by using Zymol Cleaner wax

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm about to do a complete detail on my Koup using all Adam's products. I will post up pics when I am done.

Zaino is good but a lot more time intensive imo. Adam's is awesome quality and very easy to use.

Adam's Polishes

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I get my 2011 KOUP Luxury Edition I am considering Auto Glym. I know $34.00 a can at Wal-Mart but the pics on their website are great. Also Royal Purple Oil for my baby's engine. You get quality only if you are willing to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
1. Clay Bar (pinnacle detailing clay bar)
2. Paint Cleaner (Meguairs Step 1)
3. Synthetic Sealant (3m Performance Finish, holds for about 6 months)
4. Carnauba Wax (Meguairs Step 3)

about every 6 months...

Wash
1. 2 bucket wash, then Meguairs ultimate quick detailer afterwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Meguiars the whole line paste wax every 6 months,with spray detailer everywash,or quick wax,gold shampoo does not strip wax off ,tire shine nxt ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
believe it or not, eagle one wax as you dry works great. it's the easiest way to wax,just wash the car and spray on wet,one panel at a time and dry with micro-fiber towel. you can wax every time you wash.
protects,water beads,and leaves high gloss shine

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used the Turtle Wax Ice stuff today, and the results were great! I used their clay bar kit (which, by the way, is on clearance at Advance Auto- at least at my local store) and followed with their spray wax. I was so impressed that I went and bought another clay bar kit. Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.