Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, (we all know) on the SX model of the koup there is the red light up speakers. One of the major things driving me to get the SX model of the Koup is the speakers, and I was wondering if it is all that great? I test drove the ex, unfortunately, because the SX model was on a elevated display and it was too much trouble to take out.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
It's a nice little feature, but I don't use it all that much. Maybe the younger crowd uses it more, I'm pushing 50 (and that doesn't mean I don't play my music loud :) ). But don't buy a new car because 2 speakers light up. There is so much more important things to love about this car =]

Good Luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! And I agree there is much more to love in this car than two speakers! Thanks for helping me realize that! Another question too, if you don't mind, how's the sound quality? Rolling down the windows and turning up the music is what I've always dreamed of doing in that car!! Didn't know if the sales man would have like that... lol!

·
Registered
486 Posts
its a nice little sound system. Diving with the windows down and trying to get the volume loud enough to drown out road noise though gets borderline distortion. but for factory system it is better than most i have seen.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I think the stock stereo is awesome and others feel the same way. I'm guessing the salesman rode along with you? Next time ask to test ride alone, he should comply. And then take your time with the car. Pull over to the side somewhere and check out the system after you've driven the car a bit. Crank it up, play with the settings. Get out and do a walk around, check under the hood, look at the trunk and check out the rear seating. Best to test ride with the stereo off at first to listen for anything that may not sound right such as road noise and such. Have fun!

·
Registered
486 Posts
something i forgot to mention it the absolute awsome bluetooth function. It was a breeze to setup and works like a champ everytime!! I get very good feedback from everyone i talk to with it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I always drive at night with my speaker lights set to the music...LoL. I didn't think I would when I bought the Koup but it's a nice touch and not bothersome.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Red Rocket!! I'll definitely do that the next time I check out the koup. I should be purchasing it in February! I am SO excited! (too excited for words) Thanks for that great info! And thanks PharaohKoup and ForteSX2.4!

Oh how is the Bluetooth PharohKoup?? Easy to navigate etc etc?

Any remarks about the aux connectivity? I've heard the special ipod cable enables the car to display the songs that are playing, but I've seen some videos that says otherwise.

·
Registered
486 Posts
yea you can set it up for like 4 phones I think. It works loads better than the one in my Hummer did .you can set up a phone in less than 60 seconds.

If you buy the car get your sales guy to toss the ipod cable in. Mine did. I think they cost 30-40 bucks. If they really want to make the sale you shouldnt have a problem. I have no idea why its not standerd anyway. They put so many nice features in the car why not include it.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
My ipod and iphone have worked flawlessly with the ipod cable. I've seen the ipod cable on ebay for $20 or less as well. Bluetooth is awesome, people can't believe it when I tell them I'm talking to them via my car.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I was thinking about talking the salesman into throwing in the cable. And when I first saw the car, I was confused on why it didn't come standard also! So, does the song actually show up on the car's radio screen? And that's great that the bluetooth works well, I was a bit concerned on the quality and reliability when Kia said it would be standard on all models.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes, the song shows up on the screen. You can navigate your Ipod same as you would actually holding the Ipod. Only downside is you can't see a list of songs/artists,etc all at once, just one by one as you scroll. Not a huge deal though once you get used to it. If you are able to wait till summer 2010, you could get the new Microsoft UVO system in the car. Now THAT will be cool. :) Go to Kia's website and click on the OWNERS tab to read up on it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoa really?? That would be awesome! But I don't know if I can wait that long!! I've sorta fallen in love with this car... lol!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Umm quick question... Are the lighted speakers only on U.S. models? I have a canadian SX and never knew this option existed. How do you control them?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, not too sure on that. But if you have the SX there should be a clear rim around the front speakers, and there is a knob underneath the dash.. near your left knee that should say mood light.. something to that nature. there are a few different selections..

Go out and take a look, tell me what you see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm gonna say mine doesn't have it then cause I just had that whole side of the dash apart when I put my remote start in last week. I just have a storage compartment on the left hand side under the traction control button area.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the sure way to figure out if you have it is by looking at the speakers. Do they have a clear rim around them? If they do, then you have that knob, its just a little tricky to find.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Anyone popped the trimline off to see where the LEDs are installed? I would be curious to see if it is possible to either install dual color LEDs or replace the red with other colors.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the speakers /w the lights on? Or even just a link? I test drove the SX model and didn't know about the feature at the time. I'm just curious about how it looks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts