Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Should have bought a koup?

(and if you want fender flares your gonna have to get them custom molded by a body shop and it's going to cost a crap load of money)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naa I'm happy with my sedan lol just some bitch hit me at the store...estimated 1300 in damage..soo got the check in the mail..and decide ima fix it myself..pulled the dent out but the fender is messed up some..sooo gna put a flare on it to cover it up =D

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
But are you going to also get a wheel with an offset that will fill the fender and sit flush? If not that's going to look horrible.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
You'll have to put up pics! I can't picture a Forte with Fender Flares, in my head.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
^ +1
Especially if it put a crease in the fender. Good chance you'll start loosing paint and rust will start.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Na took it to the shop and guy was gonna take the whole estimate..I've spent 100 dollars and will get the. Flares this week..ill take pics

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ayyy lets not judge b4 u see it..love that yall have doubts btw..i get heads turnin without the flares and a dent in the side..best believe whatever I do will STILL make my ride look sexy..not a FOTM for nothing bro :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Can someone on here post a picture of a CAR with fender flares? the only ones i seem to find are either trucks, or jeeps. :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Every car u see with that wide body look...its usually just a flender flare painted to match the car..ill find a pic =)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Every car u see with that wide body look...its usually just a flender flare painted to match the car..ill find a pic =)
LOL. no it isnt.

cars with that "wide body look" (lol) have had their fenders rolled, pulled, cut, welded, then prepped and painted.

and the miata above my post looks like complete shit.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Meh, I was thinking that Miata looks pretty clean looking. But you're right, I don't think you can just buy one of those fender flares, paint it to match and then just stick it on. It's not going to look right.

Darth, I personally think you should just have it fixed but you seem confident so good luck to ya, hope it works out either way you go.

·
Registered
350 Posts
and actually cutting, welding, and painting are only done for VERY VERY crazy pulled fenders.

a regular fender pull would only roll and pull with no need to repaint, if done right with a heat gun so the paint doesnt crack while being pulled.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I put fender flares on my civic..matched the paint...and yes..it most def did have the wide body look lol they have "wide body kits" on ebay that are cheap fender flares u just pretty much glue or tape on lol...thanks subtle..ill send u some pics when I'm done

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.