Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not too big on performance mods, but rather the overall look of my car. One upgrade I plan on doing in the next week is adding underglow. But I have a question about the other two - lowering suspension and adding a rear spoiler. I own a silver Forte EX (auto), and I was wondering, to lower suspension, would I have to order the springs myself and have the Kia dealership install (this was a website I stumbled upon on the forum - ALLSPRINGS.COM Shopping Cart )
or would I just call Kia and have them order specialized springs and install also? And what does lowering suspension do overall (besides gives a better look and improves handling.. yea, I'm not too big on performance mods)?

Also, I was interested in adding a rear spoiler. Pretty much the same questions, would/could I order a spoiler and just have the dealership install (such as this website - 2010 Kia Forte Spoiler, Spoilers ) or do I just let them order and install, basically doing the entire process? Thanks!

-Kenneth

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lowering springs will lower the center of gravity of the car, making for better handling and improved looks.

What you have to consider is how the shocks will react to the new height. Being fairly new, the shocks should be able to withstand a minor drop without acting up too much.

As for the aftermarket parts you plan on installing, I would not go to the dealership. I'd find a competent "tuning" shop, they will probably do the same work for less $$$.

(Underglows, why?)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm sorry but neon's on any car is so 1980's... please no... say it ain't so.

I'm 38, with two kid's seats in the back of my Forte...

·
Registered
486 Posts
every one is entitled to thier own opinion. If he wants to put underglow on his ride let him.

·
Registered
746 Posts
an alignment should be done after. front is easy. but if shims are needed for the rear ctba, last i checked kia had none available. idk if toyota or fit shims would work.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
every one is entitled to thier own opinion. If he wants to put underglow on his ride let him.
Yep, I was thinking of them too. Its everyone's own decision what they want to put on their car.

And I was going with a wing spoiler on my ride, if nobody comes out with another spoiler anytime soon.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Lowering springs will lower the center of gravity of the car, making for better handling and improved looks.

What you have to consider is how the shocks will react to the new height. Being fairly new, the shocks should be able to withstand a minor drop without acting up too much.

As for the aftermarket parts you plan on installing, I would not go to the dealership. I'd find a competent "tuning" shop, they will probably do the same work for less $$$.

(Underglows, why?)
I agree! Underglows went out in the 80's with Boy George..lol

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I'd say go for the underglows. These days you only see them at tuner shows so why not! Tight pants and bell bottoms made a comeback! It's a great way to draw attention to a vehicle that people might not take a first look at.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd say go for the underglows. These days you only see them at tuner shows so why not! Tight pants and bell bottoms made a comeback! It's a great way to draw attention to a vehicle that people might not take a first look at.
Why draw attention to a STOCK, economical vehicle ? (Plus, it's not a good way to draw attention, IMO)

He can do whatever floats his boat, though..

·
Banned
23 Posts
I would also say go with Underglows, Just make sure they are LEDs they will last longer with drawing less batery. I would go with a Multi color kit so that way you can choose different colors. Im going to do Neons as well. IMO for the people that dont like them you can turn them off so during the day no one knows u have em, and at night you dont always have to have them on. Its a car not a minivan so do whatever you think looks good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts