Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just ordered a Forte Koup SX in Pure white yesterday and I have a few questions.

Does the SX uses 87 octane?
I swear I read about tire pressure monitors somewhere on the Kia website for the Koup and I can't seem to find it and the salesperson says that the Forte doesn't have it. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey...great choice btw, I love this car so much! I have the sx koup in silver and it's an awesome car with a lot of cheap and not-so-cheap mods. It absolutely takes 87 octane, that's the only thing I put in it. It's a waste to put anything higher cuz there's no turbo or anything to be protecting. 89 octane IMO should be the highest without a turbo but do what you will.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
HI, and welcome!

Yes the Koup uses 87 octane and yes it does have TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors at each wheel.

Enjoy your new ride =]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI, and welcome!

Yes the Koup uses 87 octane and yes it does have TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors at each wheel.

Enjoy your new ride =]
Thanks for the responses. So would it be complicate the process when I have to change to winter tires?

Wished I could enjoy it.... still have to wait 2.5 weeks before my car gets delivered :(

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Congratulations on getting a white Koup SX, that is when you take delivery of it. Remember to post pictures when you get it. Did you really think that a new car salesman would have any knowledge on the vehicles they sell?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
as awcga said about the saleman lol.. to true to true
and congrats on the Koup its worth the wait for sure!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Please guys remember that all Koups DO NOT come with TPMS, it all depends on where you are, Canadian Koups Do not, US Koups Do, not sure about rest of the world, but it is different everywhere.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Please guys remember that all Koups DO NOT come with TPMS, it all depends on where you are, Canadian Koups Do not, US Koups Do, not sure about rest of the world, but it is different everywhere.
+ 1 !!!! :rolleyes:

Nick

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Very good point you made there and why its also helpful to fill out your profile. I think in the USA all new vehicles have to have some type of TPMS as standard. Our government in their infinite wisdom (excuse me as I choke) realized a large percentage of the population was running their tires under inflated which decrease gas mileage.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i hope you will love the kia, but that sucks that you have to wait so long
i say mine and got her the next day , my sales man was great, but i knew alot about the business, since i am in the car business, as for the tpms sensors you will have to have the snow tires mountd on the factory rims, or you have to but 4 new wheels and 4 new tpms sensors and have the snow tires and wheels and the tpms sensor releared to the car every time you change the winter tires to the summer tires, i know that sucks but honda are just like that also i can tell you from first hand experience since i work for one!!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,825 Posts
i hope you will love the kia, but that sucks that you have to wait so long
i say mine and got her the next day , my sales man was great, but i knew alot about the business, since i am in the car business, as for the tpms sensors you will have to have the snow tires mountd on the factory rims, or you have to but 4 new wheels and 4 new tpms sensors and have the snow tires and wheels and the tpms sensor releared to the car every time you change the winter tires to the summer tires, i know that sucks but honda are just like that also i can tell you from first hand experience since i work for one!!
You hit the nail on the head!!! Every time the TPMS sensor is changed the car has to go to the dealer for relearn -- unless the tire shop has the device to do it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I guess i'm "lucky" then since I'm from Canada so we don't have the TPMS

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! I guess i'm "lucky" then since I'm from Canada so we don't have the TPMS
You are more lucky than you think because your ride has heated leather seat and auto climate control witch are not standard (or available) in US.
And white Koup SX simply do NOT exist in US! don't ask why!!!:confused:

Enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
126 Posts
TPMS not req'd by law in the Great White North so canuck Koups don't have it; it's not even available as an option (thankfully; I hear it's a major pain in the *** plus rather unreliable...)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are more lucky than you think because your ride has heated leather seat and auto climate control witch are not standard (or available) in US.

Enjoy your new ride
Wow, didn't know that the Canadian Koup has so many more features.

Have a question for you guys since you're from Montreal, do you know of any good places for winter tires?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Wow, didn't know that the Canadian Koup has so many more features.

Have a question for you guys since you're from Montreal, do you know of any good places for winter tires?

We (Canadian) don't have TPMS, speaker light and may be some little things..... but don't be fool, way pay around 2K more!!!
Always end up buying rubber from "pneu Éthier" in Ste-Thérèse....... they have the best price when ever I shop around!!!
I've put YokoIG20 this past winter.... greath ice tire for around 500$

·
Registered
76 Posts
Heated leather seats???

Standard SX trim with leather seats includes seat heaters!!!

Enjoy your new ride

1 - 20 of 25 Posts