Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna put some subs in the trunk of my SX. But, I need to leave room in the trunk and be able to use my folding seats to store my snowboard. i'm afraid the usual sub boxes would take up too much space and limit my use of the fold down seats. I'm considering getting custom molded fiberglass enclosures that fit behind the wheel wells. These are more expensive but I think it's worth it. What do you guys think? Has anyone done this in their car?

Also, should i put in 10's or 12's?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if you can afford it and are going for quality instead of just straight up loud i would say go for it. and if you have the time and patience you can make the enclosure yourself.
and 10's if your going behind the wheel wells

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did a custom fiberglass setup in my wrx. I used one 1500w 12" kicker cvx. All you need is one!! Its really not hard to do...just time consuming and dirty. You can get all your supplies at walmart. Then go to a fiberic store to find the carpet to cover it. Search you tube for ideas and knowledge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey man, not sure how much you bass you want but have you considered maybe a bass tube ie: Bazooka or Basslink??
i run an 8" Bazooka and i can fit my snowboard bag and a friends gear through the back seat, just an idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I just need to see some other peoples systems. Does anyone have some pics of the soundsystems in their cars? Lagodcm how long do you think it took to do the fiberglass?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
a quality fiberglass box can take several days. and unless i'm mistaken i dont think anyone on this forum has any fibergassing done in there forte. (i could be wrong)

·
Registered
6 Posts
These are 2 12's in the back of my forte sedan. they are pretty frigin loud and bulky. note the t-shirt in my back window to stop the rattle. im installing dynamat pretty soon

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
heh heh.you think your loud. you aint got nothin. here's mine

oh and just a side note. the OP was going for space and sound quality not straight up loud.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided I'm gonna put an Infinity Kappa 120.9 in a homemade box powered by an EFX 500 watt amp. Itsjoebro-Is rattling a problem in the Forte? Even without the sub sometimes I can hear a little bit of rattle. Does this get worse with the sub?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts