·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the single led ones....just the perfect brightness so that cops can only see it if they are right behind me :) lol

I tried these:

I don't know about you, but I just didn't like how it barely illuminated the back, i think it looks crappy... then again I'm really picky...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I tried these:

I don't know about you, but I just didn't like how it barely illuminated the back, i think it looks crappy... then again I'm really picky...

those are the ones that i got, they don't look to bad in my opinion but its all about taste....but ya it doesn't really illuminate you license plate to well, but thats ok for me :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those are the ones that i got, they don't look to bad in my opinion but its all about taste....but ya it doesn't really illuminate you license plate to well, but thats ok for me :)
I agree, it's all on your taste... and I totally respect that. :)

BTW... since I ordered them from china, it took about 2 weeks to get here...can't complain, the price was really good, and I was more than satisfied.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is... I did it the long way and removed the trunk cover (along with it's 10 or so screws).

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are bright. Just orded mine :)
That's what I'm saying... I put them on during the day, and I didn't notice how bright they were till it got dark... The difference between these 5 sided SMDs vs. the 1 sided LED is "night and day"...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if that's the long way, what's the short way?
The short way is carefully removing the clear plastic from the outside. I don't recommend this, you might end up breaking it.:eek:

·
Registered
486 Posts
I tried these:

If you dont like them you could always send them to me I will try them:p

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The short way is carefully removing the clear plastic from the outside. I don't recommend this, you might end up breaking it.:eek:
Well the long way it was.. i think it would be next to impossible to try this the short way.. The long way took about.... 10 minutes to complete. no issues, remove all the screws and two rubber stoppers and its a snap.. can't wait for it to get dark out so i can see them in action.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Has anyone replaced the license plate bulbs on a Koup yet?

It's dark out but I thought it would be fairly easy to figure out how to open up the cover to the bulbs but I guess not. The manual says just press the tab and no other explanation and it's supposed to be that easy. Well it's not!

I tried taking a flathead to it and pry at it a bit but it just won't give. I also tried removing the plastic cover from inside the trunk to see if I could gain access but with no luck. Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong?!

Maybe it's just too dark and I'm too tired right now. I'll try again in the morning.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It really is as simple as popping them out while pressing the tabs. That being said, they are really in there, so you do have to pry a bit. I used a flathead to pry the tab in, then needlenose to grab the tab and pull. Be firm, but careful and they'll pop out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts