Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally was able to get the car up on ramps (can't fit on normal or low profile ramps since being lowered) had to take off the TK CAI filter to access as well.

Anyway, here it is.....

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You know the drill... Details: Kit, K value...? ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'll assume the fogs are 35w what about the lows? I'll also assume you ordered the h11 kit for lows?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll assume the fogs are 35w what about the lows? I'll also assume you ordered the h11 kit for lows?
Correct. Sorry. They are all 35w 6000k ddm tuning. Lows on a harness, fogs are not. Turns are V-LEDS.com 6000k AO LED switchbacks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks good Beast! Nice trick with the ramps too! I have the same ones. I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to use them for a low setting car.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jeff! Only took me 3-4 weeks to find the time. TK CAI filter was in the way but only took 2 minutes to take off and easy from there on out.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Did you have to modify the connector for the H11 bulb? Can't remember if you had posted something about that before.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have to modify the connector for the H11 bulb? Can't remember if you had posted something about that before.
Yeah I had my H11 HIDs in for a couple months now. Had to unscrew the connection terminal in the headlights so they would fit. Very minor mod. Zero issues to date.

Drove around with the fogs on last night figured I would get flashed a thousand times but nothing.... Not once.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Quick question for you, or any other HID equipped Forte's

- I know the harness is recommended for 55W for sure, so why did you choose the harness only for the lows, even though the fogs are 35W and 6000K too?

I ask because I am starting to consider my low/fog upgrade.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i thought the 55w would melt our headlight housing or something.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So when you say you added no harness, do you mean you didnt use a ballast and just used the bulbs, im new to lighting so help me out, thx

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
harness connects directly to the battery. ballast amps up the wattage for the higher power bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't use them on my fogs cause
I was being lazy and didn't want to run the wires. I bought one to use just didn't. You still need to use the ballasts regardless if you choose to use the harness or not

·
Registered
98 Posts
gotcha, is there any pros or cons to using the harness??

·
Registered
98 Posts
so im guessing that it would match output of your lights, instead of running thru stock which would dim them down????

1 - 20 of 25 Posts