Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Koup today, wow, I can feel the speeding tickets piling up already. I had a bit of time this evening and took it out for a run, I've been driving a Tracker for 9 years so driving something that is not a high rollover risk going to take a bit of getting used to. It has wonderful road feel and you can feel it practically sticking to the road in the curves.

No issues so far but then again it's the first day. The only thing, and it's a non issue, is that it didn't like the USB stick I was using. I'm going on a trip tomorrow, Ottawa to Toronto and I loaded a bunch of music on a usb drive. Nothing would make it work. My son grabbed another one he has for school and it worked fine. Go figure.

I'm very pleased with the way it handles, the way it sounds and all the bells and whistles. I'll give you guys a report after the road trip.

The only add on I have so far is the bug/stone deflector.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The flash drive was probably NTFS formatted if it was used in windows vista or 7. Need to format to FAT32.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a brand new drive but that's a good point, a 4gb drive may well be NTFS.

I just did a thousand KM road trip. it was flawless. I'm so impressed with the car. Handling, performance, comfort, fuel economy, noise levels. It really is an impressive vehicle. I sat in the back seat for part of the trip, my BF and I shared the driving and for the most part my son who's 6'3" sat in the back. Because neither myself no my BF are really tall there was lots of room in the back. He likes to curl up and read so it was really cozy for him.

I think the car would do well with a rear wiper.

In front of the back wheel wells, close to the bottom of the car there are what look like patches, exactly the same on both sides. I'm going to ask my dealer about them tomorrow but I'm curious if anyone has noticed them? They're not accidental, they must have some purpose.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Those are rock protectors like 3M masking. Needs to be larger I think since I am getting rock marks more spread around that area.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Hi Lesley and welcome to the site. I agree about a rear wiper, when it rains the water just sits on the rear window even with Rain-X applied.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Lesley
Yes I have the stick on patches as well for rock protection but yes I agree with MFury that they need to be a little large for more protection. Then again any larger I think would be way to noticeable...
In either case glad to here thats one more satisfied customer with their car, as satisfied as I am. Really re-assures the purchase decision!
Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stick on rock protection, interesting. It blends in well but you'd think there would be a better solution....

The usb drive was formatted fat32 but I formatted it again, just in case.

I went out for a frivolous drive yesterday, about 100km, highway and secondary roads. I could have driven all day.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The other solution they have is the rough looking paint along the very bottom side where they sprayed rockguard before painting it but I think the 3m tape stuff looks better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
when it's there's raindrops at the rear shield, I turn on the rear shield defrost on. It seems like its drying them quicker. Even if it is raining, not much of the raindrops at the rear shield it seems like. It dries them. Maybe give it a try if that works out for you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw another Black Koup SX yesterday, broke my heart. It was nice to be the only one out there for a week. The windows were tinted too, now I'm going to have to think about that.....

Good idea about the defrost to clear the raindrops Calvin, I'll try it. I use a towel to dry off the condensation in the morning now, that helps a lot.

The only other Koup I'd seen up until the black one yesterday was white, it was on Innes Rd heading west (near Costco) the same day I picked up mine.

I did a conversion and discovered on the highway, 6th gear @ 130kph I was getting 47mpg. Amazing. My cousin tells me his motorcycle uses more gas than that.

MFury I noticed the paint along the bottom of the car, that's a great idea. My last fun car was an 88 Nissan Pulsar and rusted out badly below the door jambs. Hopefully this paint will help. I also got the rust module (for free). I have no idea how well it will work but my son the science geek assures me that the theory is sound. I have two scratches in front of the back wheel well on the drivers side, no clue what caused them and of course they're not on the chip guard tape stuff. I picked up a coloured scratch repair kit, basically a crayon you use to fill the scratches and a bottle of turtlewax. I've used it before, it should hide the scratches and protect the area.

Por2gal where in Ottawa are you located? I'm in Orleans.

I love this car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Orleans, Fallingbrooke area.

Great car
Queenswood Heights, I'm sure we'll pass each other on the road at some point. Small world.

You weren't up at Home Depot the other day were you? I see one of your Koups is black. If so that was me parked a couple of spaces over.

·
Registered
104 Posts
finally got mine too!!

well just wanted to let y'all know that i FINALLY joined the forte family. i traded in my 06 Spectra for the 2010 Black Koup SX 6-Speed. so im in love with this car. I can definatly tell the differance in power. i got so much attention on the way back home it was incredible! :cool: well im off to sit in my car for a while and just admire its beauty. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts