Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and gals, I finally have some pictures of my car that I took today. I have been meaning to take some for a while now, but I have been very busy getting ready to go overseas. I get a lot of different reactions towards my wheels, but only a few have said it wasn't their "style" The wheels look small in the photos, but fit the car perfectly IMO.

The wheels are Konig MR125 17x8. 35 offest. They only come in black but I had them powdercoated SIGNAL GREEN. The pictures that I have here were taken with a point and shoot, so the picture quality and color doesnt pay up like it does in person. Hopefully soon me and a few friends are going for a photoshoot with a Nikon D90. That camera will do justice. LOL

The mods are as follows

-K badges all around
-"JDM" lisence plate angler
-DDM Tuning 5K HIDs
-Eibach Pro Kit
-17inch Konig MR125, 17x8 35mm offset
-Depo Rally Armor Mud Gaurds front and rear. (Much like the ones you see on Subarus and Evolutions
-Rear Cerato badge
-Custom Lisence plate that say EPIIC
-PURE white LED lisence plate bulbs
-Double Din head unit (currently waiting install. I haven't found the radio I like yet. Thinking of a Kenwood Excelon DNX9140. Still not sure.

Other than that I think that is it. If you have any question please feel free to ask or PM me!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
That certainly is unique. What lead you to do them signal green? More green to come?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Interesting color for wheels but it seems to work. I like the rims though. I'll keep posted and see what else you are up to.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted something different. I thought the Titanium and green would go well together. As far as more green, I don't think so. Maybe if something catches my eye I will consider.

That certainly is unique. What lead you to do them signal green? More green to come?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Whenever I decide to do something new to my car I'll post up in here.

Interesting color for wheels but it seems to work. I like the rims though. I'll keep posted and see what else you are up to.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea that wouldn't work for me but def unique. I'm not the type to do something that unique I guess. I know how u feel about the double din tho epiic, I searched for about a month to find mine and i made a great choice. Better then the $1000 ones and half the price and better looking IMO..good luck with it

Edit: just checked how much that double din is, and damn. Why would u spend that much?! Amazon has it for over $1200...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I haven't purchased one yet. I'm still looking around. I'm not going to buy anything other than a Kenwood. But still haven't figured out which kenwood DD i want.

EDIT: Which DD did you buy? Brand? Model? Where?

Yea that wouldn't work for me but def unique. I'm not the type to do something that unique I guess. I know how u feel about the double din tho epiic, I searched for about a month to find mine and i made a great choice. Better then the $1000 ones and half the price and better looking IMO..good luck with it

Edit: just checked how much that double din is, and damn. Why would u spend that much?! Amazon has it for over $1200...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I just feel like people r sucked into kenwood and pioneer just cuz they have the name. A few of them that I've seen had digital looking text and just nothing that looked good. I bought the Clarion NX500 brand new from eBay for about $500. Has every feature that the kenwood and pioneers come with but it's half the price and IMO the text and display looks better. I have a video I can upload of me going thru the menus and the nav and stuff if u want me to post it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
+1 for vehicle color.
+2 for wheel color, something different that I haven't seen yet on this forum.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just like Kenwood. If you don't mind can you shoot me that video in a PM? I'm mainly worried about the lag some of these DD have. The kenwood that I like goes through every menu and starts up fast without getting slow and stays fast.

I just feel like people r sucked into kenwood and pioneer just cuz they have the name. A few of them that I've seen had digital looking text and just nothing that looked good. I bought the Clarion NX500 brand new from eBay for about $500. Has every feature that the kenwood and pioneers come with but it's half the price and IMO the text and display looks better. I have a video I can upload of me going thru the menus and the nav and stuff if u want me to post it.
Thanks!

+1 for vehicle color.
+2 for wheel color, something different that I haven't seen yet on this forum.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Mine has zero lag thru the menus. I love the responsiveness of my DD. I'll post it on here cuz I know a few people who r interested so it may help more then just u. I'm on my iPhone so when I get to my comp I'll get it on here.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

The video zoomed out a little when i uploaded it, on my phone its much closer so u can see everything better. Sorry but hope this helps

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Bump for the signal green wheels sake and the videos sake lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I appreciate it!

looks awesome! i love it.

i would like to thank you for doing something different! i would shake your hand if i could!
Yes the mirrors are flat black. I had them painted a while back.

are the mirrors flat black? looks awesome
I know, a friend of mine here just put me up to that website. Still searching though!

Crutchfield usually has good deals on stereos
Yeah, but I just realized that I am going overseas, so the GPS will do me no good over there. Now I gotta find a DD witout GPS seeing how I can't use it. :mad:

kenwood DNX9980, pricey but works like a champ. Gamin navigation with a 7inch display.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts