Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying, I am a long time Autoxer with the Metro NY PCA. My regular ride, a 1985 Porsche 944NA had an engine failure at the last event two weeks ago (#2 rod although not confirmed yet).

I picked up my 2010 Corsa Blue, Kia Koup SX 6M in mid January as a daily driver. Having finished the break in of the motor (approx 3000 miles) it was time to see what the Koup could do.

Issues with the car before the AutoX:

• Vague Clutch Engagement
  • Overly Aggressive Tip-in on Throttle
  • High Gearing (6M)

Observations after the Runs

• Clutch no issue
  • Tip-in no issue
  • Gearing no issue
  • Power Steering MAJOR ISSUE

The power steering could not keep up with the rapid inputs demanded in an Autox. This could be an area for improvement for the AfterMarket.

Over all the car was well balanced with mild under steer and little body roll. The stock goodyears had a hard time putting down the power.

The car was approx 2 1/2 seconds off the pace of the PCA P3 classed (E Stock SCCA) 944’s out of the box with non R compound tires. The 944 is approx the same weight with 20 less HP. I should easily make up the difference with fresh rubber.

Stay Tuned

·
Registered
486 Posts
Totally AWSOME!! keep it up! and Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,894 Posts
You weren't driving it hard enough...I didn't hear any wheels squeeling...LoL. Good job!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sweet...although the camera man's jerky movements almost made me puke! :lol:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Awesome ......I am staying tuned in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone else have issues with the power steering, the only time I had an issue was during the Autox. The steering would go out after a few quick turns, for example after a few hard switchbacks. Does anyone if the power steering is completely electric, if so is there any way to increase the performance .

·
Registered
486 Posts
It just so happened that they held an autox event here locally for me this weekend. I did not enter my car. I just went to watch and learn. I like to feel things out before I make an ass of myself lol. But I am hooked they have another event in September I think I may give it a go then. That being said I will be setting up some cones in a local abandoned parking lot and test out this steering issue you are talking about. See what mine does. I will let you know

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the feeling, my first autox was in 89', be careful one taste and its over LOL
Some of my autox cars over the years, 1974 porsche 914, 85 porsche 944, 87 toyta celica gts, 88 crx, 85 subaru brat ( yes the one with the seats in the back) and now the koup

·
Registered
68 Posts
that's crazy, i'm 20, my first car was a 76' porsche 914 and now i'm getting ramped up for autox with my 2.4 koup. lol my study sessions include: Forza 4.
LOL i can't drive my car right now.
realize this is really old but i'm glad to see the forte had what it takes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.