Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts
Amazing performance boost yea? I'd like to hear more about this. Not trying to be an ass, just skeptical.
Personally I think there IS a performance gain with ANY aftermarket intake Vs the factory air box. If you look at the factory air box intake - from the radiator support to the air box - it is a small 2" diameter tube that makes THREE 90 degree turns BEFORE going into the box. All the aftermarket intakes delete that restriction.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks good, I almost wish I had gone with the AEM.

I had very noticeable gains after installing my intake. The car felt much more responsive and felt like it pulled alot harder in the upper RPM range.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was very skeptical at first, I just loved the sound they make since installing one on my previous car. That's what I was really after however the boost in performance really surprised me. Its the lowend that is so noticeable. I've had the car for four months before this mod so I know what the stock feels was like. Following the install, shifting into 2nd gear or 3rd in the matter, if you punch it, you will spin the tires on dry pavement. I tried doing this with stock, and I was not able to do so. That's a very laymen comparison I know but trust me, the gain was there. AEM ever supplied the dyno sheets with the intake.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.