Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of OrangeCrush, here's the pictures of his KOUP after a little mod in preparation for a road trip to NJ.

2,213 Posts
Normally I'd say that's a good idea but the paint is so shitty on these cars I wouldn't be surprised if half the paint comes off when he takes the tape off lol sad but true

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea that's what I'm thinking KIA. I know it's painters tape but I would imagine some paint would come off

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its not a mod, i was just joking about it being a mod. but i dont think any paint problems would happen, i had soooo many friends do it (usually with the Blue or Tan) tape, and it usually works perfectly.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Normally I'd say that's a good idea but the paint is so shitty on these cars I wouldn't be surprised if half the paint comes off when he takes the tape off lol sad but true
Yup

its not a mod, i was just joking about it being a mod. but i dont think any paint problems would happen, i had soooo many friends do it (usually with the Blue or Tan) tape, and it usually works perfectly.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Happened to mine ;)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You are underestimating the cheapness of our paint... :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Everyone should do what I did and get your car clear coated again! Lol

Well see the problem is you can put all the extra clear coat on that you want, but for a lifting paint issue like I had it won't help. All you are doing is piling more paint on top of weak paint. It's the whole "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" logic.

·
Registered
567 Posts
For a second I thought that was green paint and he left the rest of the car red. I thought I was going to have to kill someone at the meet. KIA how much did another coat of clear coat cost you?

2,213 Posts
i got a package deal.. i had the body kit and wing and roof painted, and he just clear coated the whole car "free of charge" which means it was probably like $700-$800. but you have to make sure the guy that does it wet sands the whole car then applies water based clear coat. its better then the oil based. stronger and lasts longer. yu can tell, my car shines more now then it did when it came out of the dealership

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's wrong with your paint guys? I live in god damn Canuckistan with 9 months long winters of having my car literally sandblasted with salt by trucks and snow plows. Just washed/waxed my car last week and the paint was immaculate!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well in preparation for taping I also had a awesome glaze and wax done about an hour before hand. I used frog tape so it shouldn't be a problem but we'll see..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.