Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally brought home the Koup SX today :)

thiefness decided to come and take this picture while I was inside negotiating hahaha :)

Here it is at home. Couldn't take too many pictures since it was getting dark.

This was just a first glance at Kix (yes, named it.). Except a lot more with a D90 ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
You need to get white and blue NY plates. That orange is fuglyyyy. The car looks great though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
WAS IT WORTH THE WAIT?? I THINK SO IT LOOKS GREAT AND thiefness I LOVE THE COLOR ON YOU CAR, THEY BOTH MAKE A GOOD PHOTO SHOOT TOGTHER LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON THE ROAD IF YOU ARE UP STATE AT ANY TIME !!!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
:Dwhoa dude. take it easy with the all caps:p

haha im just messin! it was funny cuz as i was reading it, i was yelling the words in my head lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
LOL
Same thoughts

excited my forte koup was " huh my sentence reads like yoda talks lol

anyway congrats again Lights looks great nice name choice
My car is sucre even has it on the plate lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
congrats on the purchase LIGHTS, were you also on the gencoupe forums? im almost positive i saw that DP with a person from Long Island on there lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you thank you! :)

You need to get white and blue NY plates. That orange is fuglyyyy. The car looks great though.
Yea... it's a big bummer. I'm trying not to think about it :eek:

congrats on the purchase LIGHTS, were you also on the gencoupe forums? im almost positive i saw that DP with a person from Long Island on there lol
Yep, I'm JSwAy on gencoupe :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i thought you was planning on getting a gencoupe! what happened!

I'm on the boat now lol after test driving both / the pricing difference both sexy cars

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was planning on getting a gencoupe since the beginning of the year, and almost brought one home twice... But it just didn't happen. Money wise, yea, there is a difference of a couple grand, but at the moment, (with the economy just poking us left and right), the forte koup was a more rational and safer choice for me :) I'm happy!

The Genesis is going to be it's own line in a few years, with better, faster models, so I can wait for that :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was planning on getting a gencoupe since the beginning of the year, and almost brought one home twice... But it just didn't happen. Money wise, yea, there is a difference of a couple grand, but at the moment, (with the economy just poking us left and right), the forte koup was a more rational and safer choice for me :) I'm happy!

The Genesis is going to be it's own line in a few years, with better, faster models, so I can wait for that :)
That's the same reason i got my forte. I got approved on the Genesis and everything, budget wise it was pushing the limits but still feasable. I stepped back and said "i could make these payments, my minimum student loan payments and be happy with paying my student loan in 10 years. Or i can get a car for $100 less a month, put that $100 on my student loan and have it paid off much sooner"

And to be honest, that Genesis is great, but it kind of lacks the "thrill" a sports coupe needs. I drove a mustang and challenger and they were much funner than the genesis. Hyundai'll have that fixed in a few years though and they're going to kick ass with it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the same reason i got my forte. I got approved on the Genesis and everything, budget wise it was pushing the limits but still feasable. I stepped back and said "i could make these payments, my minimum student loan payments and be happy with paying my student loan in 10 years. Or i can get a car for $100 less a month, put that $100 on my student loan and have it paid off much sooner"

And to be honest, that Genesis is great, but it kind of lacks the "thrill" a sports coupe needs. I drove a mustang and challenger and they were much funner than the genesis. Hyundai'll have that fixed in a few years though and they're going to kick ass with it.
Exactly. The price difference between a Forte and a Genesis was about $3k, and I just don't have an extra $3k to spend and absolutely not taking out a loan right now, but I'm definitely getting my moneys worth with the koup, I absolutely love it! :D

The gencoupe is Hyundai's first sports car, (other than the Tiburon, if you wanna call that a sports car lol) and it's only going to get better from here, but for now, this Forte is keeping me smiling ear to ear :)

COngrats!! looks awesome! nice house by the way..
Haha thank you! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got some morning shots with my HTC Aria :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts