Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

So I FINALLY got my Koup and honestly could not be happier! This car is amazing! Just had a question I wanted to run by all of you cuz I have heard different things.
After how many Kilometers (Obviously a Canadian Model lol) should I get my first service/oil change? The dealership said at 8000km. I thought that was a bit high for the first one especially since generally most people say every 5000km you should get an oil change.

Any suggestions? I want to maximize the life of this car, it's beautiful!!!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My service tech told me to get an oil change after 6000kms.
Yea see that sounds more in and around the KM range. I don't know but 8000 just sounds a little on the high end side of things... And obviously I want to start off right with this beauty to keep her goin for quite some time lol!!
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Change the oil per the service manual and you'll be fine. Nothing says you can't change it more often so do that if you want to (I do)...just don't go over the recommended mileage or time...and KEEP RECORDS if you don't take it to the dealer!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always wonder how a car manufacturer can tell how long oil will last. I would much rather leave it to the ones making the oil itself. Kia manual says 8000kms but I will be changing my oil every 5000kms (3000mi).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, since I don't want to start a new thread over this, anyone know which oil filter the KOUP needs? I mean numeration of the oil filter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks a lot, I have changed my oil to royal purple, but the only filter available of the list was the purolator, so I got it, is the best of the cheap ones.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Champion manufactures most of the private name oil filters with different levels of quality based on cost. They make oil filters for Mobil, Royal Purple, and Bosch to name a few. The new Bosch Distance Plus oil filter (D3312) is a very well constructed oil filter and priced at the upper range . WIX also makes very good oil filters (51334) and are priced in the middle range.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I went to my dealer for service #2 and there was a beautyfull white sedan SX on the lift....... with a blown engine!:eek:
The guy did his own oil change with jobber filter and voila!!!!
The tech told me that Kia will NOT cover it!:eek:
So for those who do their how oil change, don't cheap on parts...... use OEM or better!! Apparently there's some kind of bypass in OEM oil filter and none in jobber one's!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts