Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my EX into Mentor (Ohio) Kia today. Had that horrible shifting experience w/ my automatic that people had been complaining about. I was so hesitant to go after reading all the horrible experiences people had but everything went well. The staff were really friendly. The only thing that turned me off was the overweight salesman in shorts (Come on its still in the 40's in Ohio), with legs whiter than white. Anyway I was in and out in about 1 hr. They performed a update on the ECU, reset the adaptive valves and reset the computer. It's a 48 mile drive back home and I must say I am in love with my car all over again. Shifting was smooth as well as throttle response and no hesitation....

On the downside I asked the saleswomen if I could drive a SX just for shits n giggles while I waited. Since I've driven my EX for 5 months now I figured if there was any major difference I would notice it right away. It was okay I guess but not that big a deal for me to even care now that I didn't get that one originally....I didn't notice much honestly....Ride was a little stiffer, kinda like how my dodge was with eibachs. I am not sure if it was just because it only had 28 miles on the odometer, compared to my 7500. Acceleration was slightly better but nothing to write home about. No big loss is what I came away with. I know I can make my car look better than a stock ES during the spring so I am not worried about the sportier rims or the addition of the rear diffuser. I will get all that. The only thing I can't change is the 2.0 in my car and the 2.4 in that car, but again I wasn't really that impressed with the difference to care anyway....I was surprised that neither of the 2011 Koup's or Forte's on the lot had the navigation systems installed. It was the same setup as the 2010.

Boy was that Optima looking really sharp sitting there in the showroom. I didn't even want to test drive that. I'd want one, wouldn't be able to afford the trade in for one, then be pissed all over again like I was when I couldn't get the SX. At least now I am over that!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it was the 6 spd auto w/ paddle shifters....honestly just wasn't all that impressed...still felt jerky to me at times....the only recognizable difference to me was the suspension which I believe is allot better than the EX. Really tight turns, hardly any roll...I liked that allot.....braking seemed quite a bit improved too. I was digging the interior w/ red stiching and accents....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts