Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Truecar will probably work but you can also get this information from Edmunds which will also factor in the rebates. You can see what the final sales figure will be that others are paying. I view that as a reasonable deal and you don't need to negotiate. You can print it out and lay it on the table and if he doesn't meet the price you can walk out and go to another dealer. 99 times out of a 100 he will take the deal since he knows you have researched the price. $14,000 is a very good down payment but you might not need that much. You might consider if any additional low financing is available and invest your money in securities or higher yielding instruments and work off the bank's money. That depends on your credit worthiness. The better your credit score the lower your rate. Credit is not bad if you use it wisely. However, if one is in hock up to their eyeballs with credit cards maxed out they are courting disaster. You seem to be in the driver's seat. Good luck!

· Registered
218 Posts
I have excellent credit and I know Kia is offering low APR right now.

Im printing cars specced out the same price as they are on the dealership site with and without incentives.

Funny enough the dealership im planning to go tomorrow is listed on truecars site and it states that the dealership would honor this price. How does this work? Im printing out pricings that are 2000 dollars cheaper then invoice how is it possible that the dealer would honor this price.
How is that possible? Some possible reasons.

1) The rebate is about $1,000 right now.

2) The dealer has a 3% holdback they can use.

3) Further incentives if they sell a certain number of cars each month. They may get several thousand dollars incentive if they say sell 50 cars a month so they eat the difference by swinging the deal they need.

4) Possibly a loss leader item.

5) They get additional incentives if the car is financed through Kia credit. You can get this if you finance a certain amount and keep it open for 90 days or so. Then simply pay it off and the dealer gets the incentive.

I'm sure there are additional discounts and incentives we don't know about. Just enjoy your savings. Some other poor sap will wind up paying full sticker because he doesn't know any better. It evens out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.