Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to attempt my first personal car buy tomorrow on a Forte Koup. My choices are between a MSRP EX for 19995 or an SX for 21140.

Now ive read around of people around here getting their cars for 17500 -18000.

Any tips on getting a car this low? I know getting the car around Invoice- which is around 18.5 to 20 thousand is usually the goal but im wondering how some people got their car so low.

I got about 14000 for a down payment and im not trading any car in.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sure I can talk them down to around 20 maybe a bit more im seeing most dealerships around here about the same price.

Any tactics you use to get them down that far for a fully loaded sx?

Anybody ever use truecar?

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have excellent credit and I know Kia is offering low APR right now.

Im printing cars specced out the same price as they are on the dealership site with and without incentives.

Funny enough the dealership im planning to go tomorrow is listed on truecars site and it states that the dealership would honor this price. How does this work? Im printing out pricings that are 2000 dollars cheaper then invoice how is it possible that the dealer would honor this price.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks alot

I got the call from the dealership today and let them know i'd probably be in to check out the car today.

I really hope they honor the price "like the site says their supposed to" If I can get a pretty loaded SX for a little over 18000 would be amazing.

That means with my down payment I would only have to finance $4000.

Ill let you know if I buy a car today and if the truecar pricing works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.