Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like we have a new section. 0 threads. Until now..... 2020 gt2 package, first new car íve ever bought. I traded in my bmw 335. I'm not quite to 6000 miles on it, so far it's been a good ride.

I've tinted the windows and removed the ugly kia badges, otherwise it hasnt needed anything but an oil change.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hell, I thought they posted the first time... let's try again. Here it is all shiny after a wash/wax. the white blotches are clouds being reflected. It is/was the only GT this color in the state. I'm sure there's at least 1 more since I bought it, because another dealer that was trying to sell me a car got one in. But this one was fully optioned, and the one they got in, not optioned at all. And they finally got it about a week after I bought this one. The dealer I used ended up getting it from the other side of the state, after I found it. There's at least 1 GT line the same color around here, but who cares about them? :)

The 2nd pic, front windows are actually down. Camera artifact just made that window BLACK for some reason.

And this is whats behind your steering wheel emblem for 2020 models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That badge is much better than the OEM badge. Did you get them from the dealer or Amazon / Ebay? Part Number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those were an ebay purchase from China (free coronavirus with ever purchase kids!) I paid less than $20 shipped for all 7. So far they look like they're holding up but its only been a few months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was hard to find the combo here in florida. 2020 Forte GT, Fire Orange, GT2 package and summer tires.

Story time:

I live on the space coast side, there were exactly 0 gt's of any kind around here. I drove a white forte at 1 dealer and they had the fire orange launch like yours, but that was the only 1. And they won't take it outside for me to see the color. All their gt line were black/grey/blue. They tried really hard to sell me the launch. I switched dealers because the one I was talking to was doing the usual dealer stuff with math. I know math. I like math. Don't play math games with me :) When I grab a pencil and do math along with you... don't try to lie to me. Numbers are numbers.

Anyway. New dealer has the same gt line's. As I'm looking through the colors I find fire orange, ask about it since nothing on the lot has it. They say 'Kia only sent 1 to each state' I don't know if that's true or not. But after them doing some time on the kia site they say they found it, it's for sale, won't tell me where it is. Ok, interestingly enough there's this thing called the internet and 10 minutes later, I know where it is. It's in the showroom (I verified) with no miles, but it's... not close. The dealer does some work and they and the other dealer come to terms on a trade, so car A goes to them, and my car (potential) comes back. I tell them to wait.

I'm 43 years old. I've owned a billion cars (I counted) from trucks to sports cars to germans etc. But I have NEVER owned a new car. I've bought my wife 2 and dealers hate me negotiation style. I just say "I don't care." to every question. Sometimes I mix it up with "I'm not the one driving it. I literally don't care." And when asked 'what can we do...' I point to a number I wrote down and say, 'this is the number we buy at.' I'm a real estate broker, I negotiate for a living. I enjoy it.

So I decide I'm going to make the entire process as painful for the dealer as I can. I'm going to ENJOY it. So if there's only 1. Guess which one I want? And this is all going on faith because I STILL haven't actually tested one yet. I STILL haven't actually seen 1 in the sun the right color. Fire orange in the dealership... nothing special.

Anyway, I drove to Orlando just to test drive a GT, about an hour each way. They had 1 grey one and a blue one. I test the grey one. It has curb rash already on the front bumper. It's priced HIGHER than the stinger on their own lot. When I bring both up I get told 1. "Don't worry about the money", I'm guessing he likes me enough that he's going to buy me the car. And the curb 'We probably did that." Like that matters to me who damaged a car you're trying to sell me. Anyway I let them run numbers, he takes my keys to check out my car. And then he won't give them back. Kids are hungry, wife is tired, and (cue foreboding music here) I used to be a cop. I was really burned out being a cop. I don't like to think about it. But there are times it comes in handy. When Officer Me comes out of my mouth, nobody is happy with what he says and I'm REALLY UNHAPPY to have it happen. So after several times me being nice (kids are starving, wife is tired, bring me my keys please), I eventually tell my wife "take the kids outside". And officer me comes out of hiding and I have a 'chat' with the sales manager. And keys are in my hand and we're off!

Best part about that trip, I decide I like the way the car runs and handles well enough to buy one. And during the test, the pain the butt dealer is next to me as I actually 'drive' the car (that is 10 years of emergency vehicle operation at high speeds and maybe a liiiiitle bit of track time) so he gets a little green under the gills. And as we come up at high speed to traffic stopped at a light I say "this thing will stop itself won't it" and take my hands of the wheel. Good times were had by all (except the dealer who I really didn't like).

So the gt test went fine! Then I had to find one in the right color to actually see it outside. Uneventful trip, found 1 another hour or so away and we made the drive. Aaaaand cloudy day. So we hung out for about 20 minutes until there was a 2 minute break in the clouds, sun hits the paint and the flake jumps out. I now like the color.

So as we head to the beach and after 2 weeks of messing around, I call my local dealer and ask them to do the trade. A few days later I get the call that my car is in town, they're going to detail etc and I can see it that night. At this point I still haven't signed anything, haven't agreed to actually buy the thing. I go down about an hour before closing, it's clean and sparkly in their showroom. And I hem and haw for about 30 minutes, my time of being a pain in their butt is drawing close, and I REALLY want to haggle some more. But.... the last 3 days my bmw has sat and cranked for about 45 seconds before starting. I really didn't know if I walked if I would end up calling an uber... :) I knew for a fact my car was headed to auction (too many miles) so I wasn't too concerned and I eventually told them I'd take it, drawing the saga to a close. It's been a few months but the last time I checked it was still the only one of it's kind in the state. It is truly an epic story, equally on par with the Illiad, War and Peace, and even Archie Comics.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
1 Posts
Hello! I’m new. I traded my 2012 Ram 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi 👎🏼 For this beautiful car and honestly the best decision I ever made. I never thought I’d buy a Kia because I’d always forget about it. But Iswear I test drove anything and everything trying to get rid of my Ram, till we past buy my local Kia dealership. I test drove a fully loaded Forte and loved it so much. But, being a stay-at-home-mom I didn't have the income to support the payment. I went home with the LXS and I love it so much. The only thing I’d trade it for the Forte GT manual. I found the body kit I want to put on my Forte. I haven’t found a exhaust or air bags, yet. Let me know what you guys have seen or heard on these. I don’t want it to sound like a clapped out Honda 🤮 I’d like nice sounding and loud but not too loud. Please and thank you. Opinions welcome 👍🏼😊

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those were an ebay purchase from China (free coronavirus with ever purchase kids!) I paid less than $20 shipped for all 7. So far they look like they're holding up but its only been a few months.
Do you have the link for them? Or they are all the "standard" size?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts