Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After months trying all different speaker locations for my set of Alpine Type R Component Speakers and getting totally peeved at not finding the right sound quality. I finally settled on putting them in the rear of the Koup, up front I found the sound far too bright and the tweeter didn't blend in with the mid bass and bass of the woofer.
I mounted the woofer in the same place as the factory speaker but I had to make the hole a little bigger, the tweeter I took it out of it's enclosure and mounted it on the glass window ..
The front speakers consist of a good quality bass woofer and I am still using the factory Tweeter.
The sound through my 4 Channel Power Amp and speakers, sound really great now and I like having the majorityof the sound coming from the rear of the car and just the fill in sound at the front. This is how most of my previous cars speakers were set up, I have never been a fan of front speakers being your main speakers

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
rpps- all i gotta say (w/o hearing your car) - is that you know what you are talking about...........

(and yes- i know what you mean about car companies putting all the sound up front)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rpps- all i gotta say (w/o hearing your car) - is that you know what you are talking about...........

(and yes- i know what you mean about car companies putting all the sound up front)
Thx for reply, I thought I had gone tone deaf from being a Firefighter and all the loud sirens in my 31yrs at my job. I guarantee this set up for anyone installing new speakers, except I forgot to add that I run the front RCA's to the back speaker imput on my amp now. Just love my Koup and man does it get some comments people still scratch their heads wondering what type of car it is :)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
it's very tough to get cars like ours to sound good up front. It blows me away hearing how different a koup and sedan sound.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's very tough to get cars like ours to sound good up front. It blows me away hearing how different a koup and sedan sound.[/QUOTE
Yeah totally agree, when I had the Forte Sedan I just put in 4 new good 2way speakers and Amp and I was happy with the sound. Just wish Kia would allow room to place speakers on the rear parcel shelve and also a double din pocket then we could tailor the sound to our liking with better speakers and head-units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.