Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

I want to fit the SXR muffler (2.25 in) on some new stainless steel piping 2.5 inches wide as part of a catback exhaust system.

Is this a complicated weld, or impossible? Has something like this been done successfully?

Thanks to all

·
Registered
769 Posts
it wont weld in one piece but I do believe they make couplers that resize, make sense? so you would run 2.5 down from your cat to your muffler then somewhere between the cat and the muffler you would add a coupler to it to downsize it to 2.25 BUT Im not sure if that would hinder performance any.. maybe a little but nothing noticeable.. Exhaust experts?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Exhaust systemsre delicate beasts you can't just mix and match pieces and expect it to sound great it could sound like crap with 2.5" no res and the Koup-R muffler.

But yes it's possible to do what you ask with with a flange or just some fancy pipe work. Theres also adaptors.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to get a $500 piece to experiment with tho.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Real easy, go to a muffler shop, they'll charge ya like $100 and stick an adapter on there and you'll be fine. Make sure they weld it and don't use muffler clamps.
Wow man im surprised you didnt start with "NOT ANOTHER MUFFLER THREAD" stuff again.. lol. :D

Thanks for the advice, everyone

2,213 Posts
Hahaha I got a warning from the moderator yesterday! But this isn't one of those....how does the magnaflow sound bs posts lol believe it or not, I took my muffler to Midas, an they did a great job. Usually i wouldn't take my car to a place like that, but my regular mechanic doesn't weld and recommended them. They actually made a custom bracket and all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts