Kia Forte Forum banner

What should Korsablue do?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago, some stupid lady backed into me in the parking lot with her beamer. My rear bumper is slightly crunched and rippled in the back.

Should I fix it, or take the money and put into an exhaust kit?!

Ill ask the audience!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
have you already called your insurance dept?
id take it to a body shop and get an estimate before you decide anything

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called, they will perform the inspection soon. You cant tell from the picture, but there is a hairline crack in the plastic, though it isnt visible. The crack is on the inside ridge of the bumper. I wonder if a shop can pop it out or something.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would personally fix it, I think it's stupid to have all these cool modifications if you have cracks and dents in the car itself. lol.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where the hell is my mental anguish money?!?! The SUFFERING!!!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
is it just me, or does it look like you're standing a lot farther back from the car in the reflection than the picture was taken.. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the dummy who hit me. Do you like my heels? Their prada.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ugh i cant believe they let women park in the same lots us as and drive on the same roads as us... lol j/k

I agree, you should fix it, that would bother the hell out of me knowing that was there. plus if you ever decide to show the car that is points off right there ;[

·
Registered
196 Posts
It depends a bit on how much you are getting. I had Honda Accord wagon with the plastic covered bumper and it was hit in a parking lot. In the summer the sun and heat made it pop out on its own and it was almost impossible to tell from the original.

At a minimum get an estimate to make sure you are getting the right amount.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you're going to dump the money into the car anyway, I'd fix it. All the mods are a lot cooler on a pristine car.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
ForteForums does not condone insurance fraud.

With that being said, I would look at it this way. Would you spend your hard earned dough on fixing it? If not then I would use the money you get to fix it. Think about it, if you randomly came across an extra $500 it would be cool to get an exhaust and you would probably gladly spend the money on it. It not as much fun to spend your money to fix dents and dings.

Plus its a slippery slope to a beat up looking car...what will you want to buy when the next lady hits you?

·
Registered
644 Posts

With that being said, I would look at it this way. Would you spend your hard earned dough on fixing it? If not then I would use the money you get to fix it. Think about it, if you randomly came across an extra $500 it would be cool to get an exhaust and you would probably gladly spend the money on it. It not as much fun to spend your money to fix dents and dings.

Plus its a slippery slope to a beat up looking car...what will you want to buy when the next lady hits you?
a turbo :D

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I'd have to say fix it. I know it would bug me to know there was damage to my car and not do anything about it. Yeah, the new exhaust would SOUND cool, but that crack is still there and you KNOW it's there even if you can't really see it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Good point. BTW, this is not considered insurance fraud. I didnt make up the damage to my car, I have a legitimate claim. I can legally choose how to spend the money.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
In my case, I would take the money and run because my husband is a high-end body fabricator and painter and he could do the work for $20 and a few hours of his time.

In your case, spend the money to fix the dings if you are not able to do the bodywork yourself.

If you choose to do the bodywork yourself, my husband wrote a do-it-yourself body manual that I posted on our website: Burton's Customs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts