Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals, ive just received my switchbacks from DD and i have the flasher module and ive located the stock module but i cannot seem to get the little f*ck out! so im here asking the community to share their personal tips and how they got it. are there tabs that you have to push in to get it out? or do you just pull on it? i was going at it for about an hour and a half and my fingers are killing me lol so any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
453 Posts
if i remember correctly, you just pinch and pull straight up

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
This was such a pain in the ass!!!! I was the same way, my fingers started to hurt and I kept taking breaks and goin back at it. But what I remember there were clips on the sides of it. And I wiggled it out while forcing it up. Also aiden, DD has had a history of supplying the wrong replacement module so idk if they fixed that. If u get the stock one out, and r putting the new one in and r struggling for more then 5 mins, it's the wrong one. I messed with that for at least an hour and it wouldnt go in. It was the wrong one lol. Bought the one from autozone and in 5 seconds it went in. I think it's the Tridon EP-34 if I remember correctly. Good luck bro!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i didnt order the flasher module from DD. i went to autozone. but ya this thing is a pain in the ass. it'll have to wait til tonight after work when its cooler. its way to damn hot right now

·
Registered
916 Posts
I had the same experience...there are 2 clips front and back that hold the stock flasher in, one is kinda under those wires or whatnot,push in and wiggle out. instead of trying to slip the dd flasher in look at them both side by side prongs pointin at you, the dd one is more than likely too big square, go to autozone etc and get the tridon ep 34 electronic flasher, has to be electronic to support LED function. If the flasher dd sent you happens to be the same size than use it obviously. I didn't know about the clips prior and what a literal pain it was.

Note: the flasher I got from autozone had little nubs on the side that I used a razor blade to file down and cut off. Should slide in and remember witch direction the prongs were in when pullin the old out.

Edit** I see you didn't get the dd flasher so nevermind that

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need a lot of perseverance and a lot of eff coming from your mouth...

My thumb was so sore after, it felt really good when the little bugger came off...

I followed BigE's guide.

I Laid down on the floor, squeezed it, wiggled it, pulled it up repeatedly, until it finally came off..

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Just like everyone else, once I got that thing out I wanted to smash it to pieces cause it effed up my fingers real good. If you have a pair of mechanic gloves that'll probably help. Other than that, just keep wiggling it left and right while pulling up.

2,213 Posts
i didnt even bother putting it in! after 10 mins of trying i said ef it!!! so now everyone goes... why do your flashers go so fast? i say.... fast car, fast flashers :D lol

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Best tip I got was "go for it the first time". When your finger are fresh, pinch both tabs and pull it out. After you fail a few times your fingers are to sore.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea arine that's how I finally did it. I took a break after about an hour lol and then when I could feel my fingers again and I felt fresh I went for it hard (let's hear KIA say something about my mom on this haha) and finally yanked it out

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok im going to go for it tomorrow. i have a feeling i bought the wrong flasher mod at advanced auto and i'll just go to autozone in the morning. thanks everybody. i did see that one clip but i just didnt see the other

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey guys, does the flasher get warm? Because I was thinking could you put some sound deadning material on it to get it less noisey?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts